Branch Manager Farnham
Farnham GU9 9NQ, UK
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate individual to lead our Farnham M&J Seafood site. The Branch / General Manager will have autonomy over a multi-million pound established site, with plenty of scope for growth in the foodservice industry. Accountable for delivering P&L in line with the agreed budget and have responsibility for driving quality and service across the branch.
M&J Seafood is the UK’s largest independent fish and seafood supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with the freshest fish and seafood from local ports and world markets in a sustainable way. We also offer the largest range of fresh and frozen fish & seafood, a bespoke filleting service and unrivalled expert advice, which is why we are the chef’s first choice.
Plus we are not alone, M&J Seafood is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest, and Freshfayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the Role
The role is key to developing and managing commercial and operational initiatives to realise strategic plans. Our customers are the biggest names in the restaurant, pub and hotel industry and this role is key to driving business success.
The successful individual can really make their mark impacting our business performance, with further career opportunities to develop within the Sysco Europe and Global Group.
- Lead, energise and develop c50 branch colleagues to promote a culture of continuous improvement and customer growth
- Work in partnership with all Sales colleagues in line with our ‘Better as One’ ethos to leverage available sales opportunities
- Responsible for continuously developing the business as a long term viable operation
- Ensuring the branch operates within the boundaries of industry legislation and internal company procedures including Health and Safety, Food Safety, Transport and Employment legislation
To succeed in this role, the General Manager will have:
- Commercially focused, with a ‘sales first’ approach
- Experience working in the foodservice industry and comfortable working at pace
- Demonstrable record of effective people management and developing others
- Understanding of supply chain and lean operational management, would be beneficial
- Driven by sales and comfortable in front of customers
- Passion for food, with an interest in the seafood industry
- Experience of managing P&L accounts in line with budget
- Flexible and adaptable with a change mind set, with a commitment to continuous improvement
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within M&J Seafood and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate
Posted 5 days ago