SE15 4PU, London
£9.02 - £12.00 per hour
25-30hours per week
London SE15 4PU
- Do you have administrationexperience in the Heathcare sector?
- Have youhad experience handling patient records and summarising notes?
- Are youan accurate and experienced administrator?
If Yes, then we would love to hear from you!
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS servicesacross England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the pastdecade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicatedto giving patients the very best in care. We are looking for anadministrator to join our busy team and practice.
The main purpose of this role isthe summarising of medical patient records. You will extract the medical history from patients paper notes and summarise this information directly into the patients electronic record efficiently and in line with practice guidelines.
You will also assist in the day to dayrunning of the organisation by providing administrative support to the team. Taskswould include all general office administrative work, assisting the PracticeManager in administrative work.
As the administrator you will demonstratethe ability to multi-task, good time keeping, organisation, efficiency,professionalism and the ability to work both independently and as part of ateam whilst supporting the delivery of practice policies and procedures.
Key duties include;
- To be responsible for extractingall medical information from clinical documents and summarise as per thepractice policy and procedures.
- Log arrival of notes on the practiceclinical computer system (EMIS)
- Ensure that new patient records received inthe practice are tagged according to practice protocol ready for summarising.
- Reviewing medical records and producing an accurate summary of the patients medical history.
- Summarisation of patients notes on to the electronic clinical system.
- File all the unfiled electronicmedical records on GP2GP including medical authorisation.
- To ensure that all paperworkextracted from the notes is shredded or is placed in theconfidential bags provided inthe surgery.
- Dealing sensitively with allenquires/information & any general enquiry that may arise from time totime.
- The post holder should also beprepared to take part in training/educational workshops as and when required.
- Read coding the information intothe practice clinical system, being aware of QOF requirements.
- Monitoring progress of notessummarising against practice targets.
- Filing and retrieving paperwork.
- To record sensitive informationaccurately e.g. HIV status, child protection register, safeguarding issues.
To be successful in this roleyou will;
- Communicateeffectively with other team members.
- Communicateeffectively with patients and carers.
- Recognize peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
- Communicateclearly, effectively and appropriately with the multidisciplinary Team, allother staff and patients.
- Respondappropriately to queries, take phone messages and pass on written and verbalinformation to patients.
- Providerelevant information to patients, family/visitors/carers and colleagues.
- Complete documentation accurately and contribute to reports of patients activity and progress.
The role is based at our Chadwick Road Practice, London SE15. Hours of work are 25 per week and these can be worked to suit the candidate. The rate of pay for this position is between £9.02 - £12.00 per hour depending on experience.
Posted 23 days ago