IT and Radiology Support Technician
London, Greater London, England
25,000 - 35,000
IT and Radiology Support Technician
Salary: £25k - £35k (Depending on experience)
- Do you have knowledge of IT systems used within the NHS?
- Have you got the experience in maintaining IT systems?
- Are you excited about supporting teams in using technology to help us deliver exceptional patient care?
Ifyes, then we would love to hear from you!
DMCHeathcare are seeking an experienced and highly motivated IT Technician withNHS experience to be part of our growing organisation; serving staff anddelivering high quality care to patients.
AtDMC Healthcare we know that the only way we can deliver exceptional patientcare is by enabling our clinical teams with the correct tools to focus on ourpatients by reducing their administrative burden.
Wevalue personal development so there will be opportunities to learn new skillsand get involved in some of the exciting projects the IT team is embarking on.
If you are looking for a role that comes with a level of responsibility and an opportunity to specialise, then this is for you. Our growing Radiology department needs specialist IT support; youll either know, or be keen to develop, a deep understanding of the support requirements that radiologists have.
Yourtime will be split between developing your radiology support skills andsupporting users across the rest of the business.
Radiologysupport will include configuring, calibrating radiology equipment andsupporting radiologists with software issues.
This means youll need to have excellent communication and organisational skills as youll be liaising directly with radiologists and working closely with the Head of Radiology Operations. This may from time to time include scheduling training or support sessions out of hours due to the nature of their working practices.
Tobe successful in this role you will have experience in:
- Installing and keeping systems up-to-date.
- Re-image kits that are returned
- Knowledge of Care Stream and Kings Mill imaging systems desirable.
- Provide remote access support to setup systems for Radiologists
- Liaise with PACS/RIS supplier and NHSon site IT during the installation phase and for any ongoing issues
- Knowledge in IG standards and GDPR ispreferred, ensure all computers are updated as required by regulations.
- Perform and maintain monitorcalibration program.
- Monitoring networking equipment andservers.
- Assisting with the design,implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Monitoring web performance, networkavailability, and security.
- Overseeing troubleshooting for systemerrors.
- Providing helpdesk support fornetwork issues.
- Providing technical support either byphone, remote access or site visits as needed.
- Responding to IT issues; hardwaremaintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Evaluating connectivity issues,equipment, and software.
- Modifying configurations, utilities,software, etc.
- Setting up equipment for new users.
- Performing data backups.
- Installing and updating networksystem improvements as needed.
- Assisting with Servers, LAN/WANtechnologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virusprotection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
Weare looking for a candidate who can:
- Talk staff or clients through aseries of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set upsystems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and networkproblems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace parts as required.
- Document support procedures andrelevant reports.
- Support the roll-out of newapplications.
- Respond within agreed time limits tocall-outs.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- We anticipate you will have at least1-2 years minimum experience in an IT support role.
- Strong technical capabilities inWindows workstations and server, Microsoft Business Applications (e.g., Office365, Azure).
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a technological field.
- NHS experience would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Certification is desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicateclearly and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
The IT Technician role will be based at our HeadOffice in south London but will be expected to support our clinical sitesacross the country from time to time. However, we expect the majority of thework will be locally based.
As part of the benefits package you will be entitled to 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays. The salary for this role is between £25,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
About DMC Healthcare
We are a national provider of clinically-led andclinically-delivered to the NHS. Established more than 50 years ago as afamily-run GP practice, we are still family-owned and clinically-run.
- DMC Community Services providesconsultant-led and consultant-delivered services to the NHS.
- DMC Community Services provides awide range of secondary care specialties in the community, from dermatology toendoscopy, giving patients fast and convenient access to specialistconsultants.
- DMC Community Services is a flexible,reliable and trustworthy partner to the NHS, providing valuable support tohospitals to help them meet waiting time targets.
- DMC Community Services uses thelatest digital technology so that, when appropriate, patients can be seen,treated and discharged in one visit, and supported by a bespoke care managementplan.
- DMC Community Services supports itsreferrers through its online learning platform.
The DMC Healthcare family provides primary and urgent care services, community services, and radiology services. We have more than 50 years experience of working with the NHS and the independent sector, providing high quality, sustainable care to more than 300,000 patients a year.
Posted 23 days ago