Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England
£Competitive + Benefits
The Branch Manager role in Travis Perkins (TP) is one of the most challenging yet rewarding positions in our business. As Branch Manager you play a vital role in our continued success. Youll support the delivery of our better for colleagues, better for customers strategy at a local level through amazing operational effectiveness, leading your team from the front, making sure we are working better for customers and providing a first class service, controlling costs, and keeping colleagues and customers safe within branch at all times.
What will I be doing?
No one day is the same as the next in TP branch life, but here are a few pointers:
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our colleagues and customers so its essential you can coach and develop a team to deliver the highest standards of service.
- With your learned knowledge of the products and services we offer, you will be a pivotal contact for our customers, nurturing great relationships, understanding their needs in order to offer expert advice and recommending alternatives to profitably maximise the sale of goods.
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, your aim will be to ensure that all our colleagues and customers leave the Branch safely, by adhering to all stay safe policies and procedures.
- Being able to commercially manage all aspects of a Branch and business.
What experience do you need?
Previous experience within a builders merchant is advantageous, but not essential. It doesn't matter what sector you come from, we just need transferable skills - Inspirational Leadership, Operational Management, Sales Experience, Great Customer Service and Commercial Acumen.
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say Yes to all of the characteristics below - they are in the DNA of all our fantastic TP Branch Managers. Are you:
- Passionate, inspirational and an engaging leader, who has the ability to create and cultivate a one team approach through collaboration and motivation.
- Someone that is highly adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment, who is naturally curious with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to spot a great commercial idea, influence, persuade and deliver it.
- Career focused and want to build a career to become a key player in the success of a large PLC?
Being a Branch Manager in TP gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel and to continue to develop. How will you know you are doing a great job and developing your career? Simple. We will support you with a development plan that embraces our values - we call them Cornerstones. These are Working For Our Customers, Upholding Family Values, Being The Best, Keeping People Safe, Making Decent Returns
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised. We have been recognised as one of the UKs Top Employers every year since 2010, and we can offer employees access to extensive career opportunities across our Group with 20+ leading businesses including, Wickes, Benchmarx and City Plumbing Supplies. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.
Posted 14 days ago