Swanley, Kent, England
£21,000.00 per annum
Location: White Oaks Leisure Centre, Swanley, BR8 7BT
Salary: £21,000.00 per annum
Hours of Work: Shift Rota basis , 39 hours per week
About the Company:
Our client operates the leisure facilities and services in Sevenoaks District in partnership with Sevenoaks District Council. As a not for profit organisation they reinvest any surpluses back into the facilities/services that our client provides.
Across the district they aim to ensure access to affordable and rewarding leisure activities for all, regardless of age, financial resources or existing levels of physical activity. Making the pursuit of healthy living a life-long goal that is enjoyable and beneficial for the whole community is a key objective for the company Community Leisure and, working with Sevenoaks District Council, they deliver a programme of innovative and exciting health and fitness opportunities for everyone
Our client is currently looking for a committed and enthusiastic team player to work with them in their community-based Leisure Centre at White Oak Leisure Centre, Swanley.
Duty Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist in the efficient and effective day-to-day management of the Centre.
- Contribute to the development of the wider leisure service.
- Assist in the delivery of key targets within the company's business plan.
- Ensure that standards of public safety, security and the cleanliness of the building are adhered to.
- Ensure that the facility is opened and closed in accordance with procedures and monitor the security of the building during all opening hours.
- Inspect and monitor the facility throughout the day in accordance with the Serco Leisure Integrated Management System (SLIMS) procedures and deploy staff as required to respond to any issues identified.
- Lead, direct and motivate the operational team to ensure a quality service delivery.
- Ensure appropriate deployment of staff to meet the daily programme.
- Provide information, instruction, induction and training to operational staff to ensure they fulfil their roles in an efficient and safe manner.
- Control and manage events such as accidents and emergencies.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and company policies and procedures, e.g. as outlined our policy's.
- Maintain a high profile throughout the facility and respond positively to customer needs, expectations and comments.
- Undertake cash and transaction reconciliation and ensure cash security is maintained and financial procedures are complied with.
- Undertake disciplinary and grievance investigations and chair hearings as required.
- Ensure the absence management policy is effectively applied.
- Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification.
- Undertake specific tasks as determined by the line manager.
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
- Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager.
Duty Manager Requirements:
- Experience of working in Leisure Management.
- Experience of opening / closing a Leisure Facility, wet and dry operations.
- Budget Control Experience.
- A full commitment to Customer Care.
- IT Literate.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ability to meet and drive targets and deadlines.
- Flexible and able to work unsociable hours.
- Report writing skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience handling/reconciling money.
- NPLQ qualified.
Duty Manager Benefits:
- 29 days annual leave including Bank Holidays.
- Free membership to our leisure centre's plus discounted membership to our Golf Course.
- Staff training & development packages.
- Career Average contributory pension scheme.
- 30% off food and beverages.
- Friendly atmosphere.
If you meet the Duty Manager requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!
Posted 61 days ago