Ladies Out and About volunteer - Ringwood
Would you like to provide companionship and make a difference?
We are looking for a friendly and reliable female volunteer to become a Ladies Out and About Volunteer Sidekickin Ringwood, and support a woman with a learning disability to enjoy her hobbies and interests.
As a Volunteer Sidekickyou will meet with the person we support at her home in Ringwood, providing companionship and engaging with her interests and hobbies.
The activities you do together will vary depending on what this lady would like to do but could include:
- catch ups at home or at a local café;
- browsing social media
- watching, singing and dancing along to music videos on YouTube;
- going out for something to eat;
- going shopping;
- visiting places of interest or just going out for a walk together.
This woman is also interested in healthy living so having fun finding healthy recipes and cooking together could also be one of the things you'll be doing.
To be a Volunteer Sidekick you need to be:
•Over 18 yearsof age
•Friendly and approachable
•Good at communicating and listening
•Able to volunteer on a fortnightly basis (days and times can be flexible to meet your availability).
•Fun loving and spontaneous with an open mind
Please click on the Role Profile tab at the bottom of this page for more information about the role.
You can apply by either:
- Downloading an application form by clicking on the Additional Information tab. Completing the form and emailing it Applying onlineby clicking the Apply tab. Please note that you need to register first before you apply.
If you have any questions or concerns your application has not been received then please contact Mencap's Volunteering Team
Posted 15 days ago