Head of Primary Care
Kenton, Devon, England
£52k - £65k (Depending on experience)
Head of PrimaryCare
Salary - £52k - £65k (Depending on experience)
- Can you provide leadership and management in GPpractices, health centres and walk-in centres?
- Are you a CQC registered manager with experience in aPrimary Care business?
- Do you have experience in delivering the New Models ofCare programme?
If you feel that thisexciting and important opportunity could be the next role for you then please doget in touch.
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHSservices across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in thepast decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employeesdedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in theservices we provide, and we have an opportunity for a Head of Primary care to join the team across the Medway area ofKent.
The Head of Primary Care will provide leadership andmanagement of the current and future practices, health centres and walk-incentres. The Head of Primary Care is responsible for ensuring that thepractices meet all key national, local and contractual targets and sustainfinancial viability with new business opportunities. We are looking for someoneto take a pivotal role as key leader and as CQC registered manager you will be responsiblefor monitoring, managing and developing the DMC Primary Care business.
The successful candidate will be responsible forensuring the consistent high performance of the practices as well as supportingthe New Models of Care, which are required to deliver for the future whilstcontinuing to improve current services. The post-holder will also ensure thatthe strategy and associated plans support market development, along with thefuture requirements of primary care.
There are several aspects to the role and yourexperience will include:
Management and Planning
- Work with the Board of Directors on planning ofdevelopment of the managed sites
- Focus on the Boards Primary Care objectives to retainits contracts at the contract renewal point in Kent and expand their presence
- Work with the Board and Business Development Team andthe Medical Director to find, bid and win new contracts in Primary Care
- Adopt a strategic approach to the development andmanagement of primary care services to keep DMC at the forefront of innovativeand quality driven Primary Care
- Ensure sites meet quality indicators and targets
StaffManagement and Human Resources
- Ensure capacity and demand planning are reflected inworkforce structure and skills mix
- Provide day to day direct management of PracticeManagers
- Ensure a key focus within the Development plan is Organisational/People development
- Ensure clear plans for attracting and developingclinical and administrative staff
- Lead on appraisal and performance monitoring systems
- Undertake regular one to one meetings with staff toreview their development objectives, performance and any other work-basedissues
- Identify, organise and deliver training identifiedfrom staff personal development objectives
- Organise and prioritise the delivery of the standardsthe practice has agreed to meet as part of the Quality and Outcomes Framework.
- Organise and prioritise the delivery of other qualityor contractual targets
- Responsible for ensuring the timely production ofquarterly Key Performance Indicators and that these targets are routinely met.You will attend Performance Review Meetings with the sector along with otherleads
- Monitor and assess practice performance againstpatient access and demand management targets to ensure that all operational andadministrative functions are running smoothly at sites
- Ensure that the premises are properly maintained,cleaned and all health and safety policies are implemented and followed
- Ensure that patient satisfaction is maintained atevery opportunity and to provide opportunities for regular feedback includingthe implementation of patient surveys
Financialand Legal Management
- Ensure that the budgets at each site are managed aseffectively as possible
- Ensure that the practice/health centre receives appropriate and equitable allocation of resources through submission of development
- Have an in-depth knowledge of each line of income andexpense to ensure profitability and sustainability at each centre and thePrimary Care business as a whole
- Understand and report on the financial implications ofcontract and legislation changes
InformationManagement and Technology
- To evaluate and plan IT modernisation andimplementation
- Act as IT Lead for primary care businesses
- Liaise with the CCG regarding systems procurement, ITfunding and other local and national IT programmes.
- Evaluate and plan marketing at each site with thesupport of DMC Head Office
- Devise and execute a plan to grow revenues profitably ateach site
- CQC preparedness skills, you will understand the CQCkey lines of enquiry
- We aim to have all our sites forever CQC ready
- Ensure sites are delivering on governance standards
- Responsive to incident and complaints management,supporting the site managers and practice leads where necessary
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position
- Be a CQC registered manager
AboutUsAt DMC we are a successful and trusted provider of NHSservices across England and Scotland.
We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single practice in Dulwich to ateam of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care. As part of the benefitspackage you will be entitled to
Posted 23 days ago