Assistant Store Manager
£19800.0 - £26500.0 per annum + benefits
Assistant Store Manager Waterloo, London
£22,000 £26,500 plus benefits
Were looking for an assistant store manager to join our team in Waterloo. If youre an experienced leader with a passion for community and delivering great customer service, this really is a fantastic opportunity to progress. And with a successful internal development programme in place, were truly committed to helping our colleagues grow, develop and progress their career with a business thats all about its colleagues, customers and members.
We do things differently here at the Coop. Were not owned by 1 person or a board of executives and over 4.6million active members contribute to the running and development of our business. Weve been through a lot of positive change over the past few years and were not done yet. Were constantly exploring more ways to do business thats better for our members, customers and communities. And with 100 new stores opening across the UK in 2019 alone, its an amazing time to join us and become a part of our Coop. To find out more about what its like to work here visit coop.co.uk/storemanager.
What youll do:
* work alongside and develop a strong relationship with the store manager to provide a great customer experience
* mentor and coach your team to deliver fantastic customer service in store
* create a great working environment for your team
* build strong links with other nearby Coop businesses, and the local community
* create a community plan and lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
* be a role model to your team to take pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
* create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
* react quickly and positively to changing priorities in store
* alongside the store manager, review new ways to increase sales and improve store performance
* deputise for the store manager in their absence
This role would suit people who have:
* previous experience as a supervisor or manager, preferably within retail or hospitality
* a proven record of coaching and developing teams of various sizes and ability
* an interest working with your local community and understand how the community is a huge focus for the Coop
* previously helped to improve business performance
* experience working closely with your colleagues in a customer facing environment
* the ability to manage changing and often conflicting priorities
As a Coop colleague youll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. Youll also get a package that includes:
* a competitive salary
* great holiday allowance
* discounts on Coop products and services
* a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
Were actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Coop people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application youll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 20 minutes to complete this test.
Posted 16 days ago