Birmingham, West Midlands, England
£40k - 60k per year + Private Health care + bonus
Are you looking for a new opportunity. Do you hold current CCNP security? Have SIEM tool experience?
My Client is a large private internet solutions company based in the West Midlands.
Purpose of the role:
The role of Security Engineer is pivotal in implementing & delivering WAN / LAN solutions and security services for our customer base and works as part of the Networking Team.
The Security Engineer will be focus predominately on the design and implementation of Security solutions and is expected to have knowledge / hands on experience of LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies.
Security Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Actively monitor and respond to security events using fundamental tools like SIEM, DLP.
- Design, coordinate and oversee security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications and manage the remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security risk assessment & recommendations to projects, ensuring appropriate controls are in place to protect the business.
- Write, maintain, and follow security documentation including technical standards, processes, procedures, and operations manuals
- Keep abreast of security advisories and alerts, information on security trends and practices, and IT implications of regional data laws and regulations.
- Manage security projects and provide expert guidance on security matters for other projects
- Responsible for creating Low Level Designs (LLDs), SID (Service Initiation Document) and implementation / testing plans for Security / WLAN / LAN / WAN solutions
- Carry out pre- and post- installation Security / WLAN LAN / WAN surveys and audits
- Perform Out of Hours (OOH) consultancy/engineering implementation work as and when required
Security Engineer requirements
- Must hold a current / valid CCNP (Security preferred) accreditation
- Additional Security certifications such as: CISSP, CISM, HCNP, FCNSP/NSE-4 etc. desirable
- Any additional vendor certifications (Professional or Associate) in WAN / LAN or WLAN technologies would be desirable
- Any project or ITIL certifications would also be beneficial
- Holding a professional security management certification, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) other similar credentials are desirable
- Relevant vendor certifications; such as Microsoft, Networking, DLP, SIEM are desirable
- Experience of supporting Security investigations, including responding to incidents involving malware, data loss, or network intrusion
My Client offer a great benefits package:
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bonus Opportunity
- Overtime rates
- Private Medical Insurance (medical, mental, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
This would be a great oppurtunity for someone to broaden there experience within cyber security.
Posted 19 days ago