£8.25 - 17.50 per hour
Support Worker in Heslington We are recruiting experienced Support Workers in Heslington who are able to support people aged 60+ who have learning disabilities.
In this role you will be providing person centered care and supporting people to do the things they like doing out and about in the community. You will be supporting people who love swimming so the ideally you will be comfortable and happy to go swimming too. The role does involve a lot of Moving and Handling, Personal Care and Catheter Care. Some individuals have a high risk of choking so all necessary training must be taken.
We are very keen to ensure that all AJ Support Workers are fully trained and competent. Therefore, we offer great training to ensure you have all the skills and knowledge needed to provide the best care and support possible. We ask for the same commitment from you and will require you to complete all the necessary training which will be provided free of charge.
Some of the training modules required for this role include:
- Moving and Handling
- Practical CPR
- Catheter Care
- First Aid
Your new rewarding role also comes with many other added benefits, such as:
- Full time hours Vacancies
- Waking Night Vacancies
- You will join a very supportive team
- Accurate, transparent and always on time pay
- Upskill yourself by taking advantage of the free training available
- Free Enhanced DBS Check
- Be part of an exceptional team
- Up to £17.50ph pay on Bank Holidays
This position is advertised "Temp-to-perm" basis whereby you will complete a 12-week period with the support of AJ Recruitment, resulting in a permanent position at the end of the 12 weeks.
The advantages of taking the "Temp to Perm" route:
- Support System - We are fully available through the whole Temp to Perm process to help guide and support you and ensure your start to your new role runs as smoothly as possible.
- Try before you by - Temp to Perm positions allow you to get insight into your job responsibilities and a taste of the company culture. This will help you decide if this is the right employer for you long term.
- Foot in the door - Starting with the company on a Temp to Perm contract can be a great way to get your foot in the door. Once you have shown them how great you are, you are much more likely to secure yourself a permanent position.
- Fast track application - You will have dedicated consultant that will ensure your application process runs smoothly and aim to have you working within 1 week after your interview.
- Easily Try New Care Environments - If you are curious about different social care settings, Temp to Perm contracts are a fantastic way to work in that setting and see if it is what you would enjoy doing on a more permanent basis.
- Learn New Skills & Expand Your CV - You will learn a lot and be able to expand the skills section on your CV by working in a different environment with other skilled social care professionals, as well as adding new jobs.
If you think you have the right skills and personal values to support people to live independent lives, we would love to hear from you.
Simply apply here by submitting your CV detailing your previous experience or call#########
Alternatively, you can email #########
Posted 48 days ago