Burtonwood, Warrington WA5 4AH, UK
HR Administrator (6 month contract) - Excellent career development, discounted products and services and much more!
Your local pub, your favourite restaurant and your children’s school all have one thing in common – Brakes UK.
There’s a lot of hungry mouths to feed out there, which is where you come in – to ensure that everything runs smoothly behind the scenes and that our operational teams have all the support they need to deliver on our vision – to be our Customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our HR colleagues are a central hub of knowledge, and as a Payroll / HR Administrator you’ll be on hand to support our operational teams in every way possible, so that they can focus on what they do best – ensuring service excellence and putting our customers at the heart of all we do
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday (28 hours) some flexibility around working hours
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Complete weekly payroll for all Brakes Supply Chain colleagues on site.
- Undertake transfers, rate changes, overtime payments, corrections and amendments as required and forward all information to Payroll in line with prescribed deadlines.
- To ensure correct paperwork is produced and/or provided for Starters and Leavers and sent to Payroll as appropriate.
- Register and complete the weekly absence listing for Payroll to process. Originals to be filed.
- Deal effectively with payroll queries from managers and colleagues.
- Review the monthly Personal Cost Report and liaise with managers / payroll with any required amendments.
- To create and maintain a file for all new starters. To ensure filing on all personal files (including leavers) is completed in a timely manner.
- Support people managers for the “Return to Work Process” – support with meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain the site colleague spreadsheet ensuring all discipline & grievance, flexible working, temporary secondments, probationary process, and leavers are logged and tracked.
- Maintain the SAP structure in liaison with HR Services at Head office.
- To keep a tracker of all new starters and the required dates of probationary review. Circulate to the appropriate managers each week.
- Where appropriate, attend and take notes of HR meetings – for example disciplinary, grievance, communication forums etc.
- Support HR Advisor with any project work; including colleague engagement, charity, communication etc. as and when required.
- Good working knowledge and experience in payroll/HR administration essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Excellent team playing skills.
- Excellent accuracy with data input and attention to detail
- Experience in working effectively to meet deadlines
- Must have solid IT skills, with working experience of using Excel.
- CIPD Level 3 – Desirable
- GCSE – Maths and English
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary with annual salary review
- Huge discount on all sorts of lovely food
- Generous holiday allowance, with option to purchase more
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Job security and career opportunities – We’re part of Sysco – the Global leader in selling, distributing and marketing food products - so the opportunities really are endless!
- …and much more!
There’s a lot on offer, so what are you waiting for?
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE
Posted 12 days ago