Project Manager/Programme Manager
London, Greater London, England
£38,000 - £47,000
Project Manager / ProgrammeManager
Reporting to: Head ofOperations
Salary: £38,000 - £47,000
- Can you manage a Programme of Projects across the business?
- Can you deliver projects that cover people, processand technology and focus on delivering a culture change in a business?
- Do you have exceptional stakeholder management skills?
If you are thinking YES, thenwe would love to hear from you!
DMC Healthcare are a successful and trusted provider of NHSservices across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decadefrom a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated togiving patients the very best in care. The Project / Programme Manager role is based at our modern Head Officein SE15, however you will be expected to travel to our sites across the UK.
Responsible for driving forward a range of projectsthat are focused on delivering change that impact on our people and ourpatients. The projects cover people,process and technology and focus on delivering a culture change which will enableus to deliver our patient services at the highest level.
The scope of the projects are broad ranging across ourservices and corporate support functions. You will manage a portfolio of projects across the business, and to besuccessful you will need exceptional stakeholder management skills, along witha sophisticated and engaging approach as all our staff are important to us, andyou must be able to quickly explain the benefits of change and the solution tomove things forward.
There will be some projects that you will takeownership for (Project Lead), however, the prime role will be to bringstructure and order to the array of projects that are being undertakenthroughout the business. This willrequire you to take on a Programme Manager role.
- help the business to understand what should be defined as a project, anddevelop a programme summary of all projects across the business
- support the business to implement the agreed project plans
- follow a standardprocess, and recognised project methodology i.e. Agile or Prince2, and be ableto adapt the approach to the requirements of the business
- support thebusiness to initiate projects, and check the feasibility, work out budgets,teams and resources, flagging where there are resource constraints and ensuringthat project costs are accounted for correctly e.g. capital costs
- carry out planning- this will include setting goals and objectives, defining roles and producingschedules and timelines for tasks - in accordance with the needs of thebusiness area.
- put in placeproject plans i.e. Microsoft Project supporting managers / team members tounderstand and use the plans to meet the timelines of the project
- working withmanagers / project leads to identify the right team members to deliver theproject, and help project leads to maintain momentum on projects and motivatethe project team from both internal and external stakeholder organisations
- oversee theportfolio of projects, and manage the programme plan - which includescoordinating the project teams to keep them on track and keeping the project onbudget
- carry out monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project
- develop a reporting process for the Board and Project leads including internal and external challenges for project delivery
- identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time
- implement any necessary changes throughout the process, reporting on issues as required
- close the project - including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for other projects and future projects.
- post project implementation- put in place a robust review process to review success and continued challenges i.e. uptake on new approaches / systems. Recommend follow-up actions and further development / action as required.
Mentor andencourage teams and clinicians to embrace changes and ensure that new ways ofworking are mapped thoroughly to help understanding of the new way of working,and to inform training requirements and knowledge is documented thoroughly.
Work withexternal third parties and other stakeholders, and this includes the CareQuality Commission.
Support theSenior Management Team and the Board to meet project requirements, helping themwork through aspects that are delaying / stopping projects progressing.
You will need to travel across all our sites through the UK.
This role requires the utmost flexibility, and is certainly not a 9-5role. You may be required to workSaturdays and/or Sundays to make things happen.
- Experience of working at Senior Team / Board Level, mainly providingreporting and updates on the Programme of Projects across the business.
- Strong stakeholder management from a similar field, and experience to juggle what can be conflicting requirements. Very solution focused and win win approach.
- Working at fast paced is important. The business does not stand still and wait, and you will need to beadaptable and resilient.
- The ability to tell the story of the importance of change when sharingthe benefits of change will be an important element to help people embrace thechanges and move forward.
- Highly organised, and can bring order across different sites on projectdelivery.
- Education to degree level, and have a recognised qualification inproject / programme management.
- Excellent IT skills across Excel, Word, Microsoft Project (or otherproject platforms). Microsoft Projectwill be our preferred platform as this will integrate into MS which is embeddedacross the business. What is importantis that you have the ability to adapt to new IT systems.
This is an exciting role where you can deliver real change throughout the organisation. The salary is between £38,000 - £47,000 per annum and based at our Head Office in SE15. There will be travel to sites and you must have flexibility around hours.
Posted 23 days ago