City of London, London
£22000 - £26000 per annum
Due to an expanding workload we are currently seeking a Civil Engineering Technician for our client based in London. The ideal candidate will hold an HNC/HND in Civil engineering or similar.
Working under the supervision of a Civil Engineer, you will report to your line manager as part of the Civils team responsible for the design, submission and approval of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from a technical approval viewpoint.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Attend internal design review meetings
- Preparation of simple calculations
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Supporting the Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Working in both an office environment and on site
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System
- Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events
- Adhere to health & safety regulations
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards
- Conversant with current building regulations
- Designing to NHBC standards
- Ability to produce private (nonadoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development
- Earthworks modelling would be advantageous
- Appropriate qualification in civil engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
Must Have Requisites:
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering
- At least two years post qualification design experience in the civils sector.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Proficient use of AutoCAD and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as Civils3D and MicroDrainage
- A solid understanding of road, levels and drainage designs
- The right attitude and cultural fit for our organisation
What You Will Get If Successful
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working
- Workplace Pension
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on ######### or call######### We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Posted 5 days ago