Link Asset Services, part of the Link Group, currently has a Developer opportunity available within our IT team. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our IT team in our Leeds office as we continue to build on our ambition to be the leading provider in our market using the latest cloud technologies.
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us…
We’re looking for a developer who has proven experience in delivering quality software and is keen to learn and work with some of the latest exciting cloud technologies. You’ll be working as part of a larger team of approximately 20 other developers in a friendly, relaxed environment who will be delivering a range of projects, legacy system migrations, product changes and continuous improvement.
You should have experience of working on complex and challenging projects covering the full development life cycle.
We have re-designed our systems and are moving them to the cloud under a microservices architecture. In doing so we are leveraging some great Azure features such as service fabric, message bus and storage. We are always looking to leverage new cloud offerings where they add strategic value and keep up to date with technology.
Our legacy back office system will undergo transformation into the new architecture. We are developing an exciting online digital offering which implements a voice interface. Our systems are also underpinned by the implementation of a data warehouse.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As well as working with other developers, you will also be working alongside systems analysts, testers, architects and delivery managers to deliver quality software.
- You will be involved in the estimation of work and definition of backlog items.
- Analyse, document and propose solutions by mapping business requirements to technical solutions.
- Be involved in the application design process, ensuring each system component is well written, performant and ensuring scalability by making applications multi-instance where appropriate.
- Write code and unit tests to specification.
- Perform triage of defects and track them through to technical resolution.
- Participate in daily stand ups.
- Work with DevOps to ensure continuous deployment processes are achieved.
Technologies and Skills you’ll definitely need
- Be flexible to change and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong object oriented programming skills and understanding of SOLID principles.
- Experience of writing unit tests and mocking.
- .Net / C
- SQL Server / Oracle
- Source control (Git)
- Restful API’s
- Microsoft Azure (service fabric)
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button…
Posted 9 days ago