Support Worker - Henry Street - Debenham
£16,250 per annum pro rata + excellent benefits
Do you want to join a small, established team who are proud to enable people we support to learn new skills, undertake tasks for themselves and live independently?
We have a full time position on a permanent basis available. Our service is a 24 hour supported living house in a lovely setting in Debenham. The local area is quiet and has a friendly community, it is also 10 miles from Stowmarket/Diss and 13 miles from Ipswich.
We currently support three males and one female aged 40-55, with a moderate to severe learning disability, most of which are very independent and enjoy going out and about in the community. They need around the clock support to enable them to carry out their day to day life. You will need to provide prompts and encouragement when it comes to personal care and physically support with this.
Things you may need to support with:
• Medication administration and management
• Supporting during medical appointments
• Finances: budgeting, utility bills and benefits
• Helping to understand written official communications and action them
• Meal planning, preparation and cooking, cleaning and going shopping
• Updating and maintaining relevant records
• Attending appointments and social activities
Some activities the people we support enjoy are: watching different sports, shopping, visiting churches, going out for lunch, listening to music, going to shows/music concerts, going on holiday, animals, going out for walks, cooking/baking and much more.
Shifts are on a rota basis and include some weekends:
• 6am-3pm, 7.30am-3pm, 3pm-9pm or 3pm-10pm
• 10pm-6am – sleep in
You will find it extremely rewarding to see the people we support achieve goals, overcome challenges and enjoy their lives by accessing the social activities and day trips they choose.
You must have a full UK driving licence and use of a car. You do not need to have experience in this sector to apply, but you will need to be a caring, positive and trustworthy person who is keen to support adults with a learning disability.
* An enhanced DBS will be required for the suitable candidate
Vacancy ID: 16306
Posted 15 days ago