Site Reliability Engineer
Do you want to play a vital role in a $1.2 billion global technology transformation? Are you passionate about technology and automation?
At Equifax, we are powering the world with knowledge to help people live their financial best. Today’s fast-moving world means our customers need us to be always on and always available – and we need talented people to make that a reality!
As the cloud comes of age, we’re embracing it. We’re not simply lifting and shifting old problems to a new infrastructure. Instead, we’re rebuilding from the ground up in a cloud native way – for better security, faster product innovation and true continuous integration.
As our Site Reliability Engineer you will be working with scrum teams within our tribe structure in the Application Services Alliance, which is a group dedicated to building and enhancing global, software platforms. We are currently re-engineering our Recoveries Management Platform within the Cloud and you will play a key part I supporting the short and long term objectives of our new operating model where development teams, build it, ship it and run it.
SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big, and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn, grow, and take pride in our work.
Be AtYourBest at our Nottingham Office
We believe that you perform at your best when you feel empowered to take control of your own work. That’s why we’re moving from a project to a product based approach that allows our teams to ‘build it, own it and run it’.
But it’s not all about work – we provide a range of benefits that support you both in and out of the office.
- A great central location in Nottingham’s historic Lace Market, well-connected by train, tram and bus
- BUPA medical insurance, company pension, discounted gym memberships, volunteering & charity gifting initiatives, and a full educational and assistance programme focused on mental and physical wellbeing
- An employee recognition scheme where you can earn and redeem points to unlock a wide range of exciting rewards
- Access to a host of retail, dining and holiday discounts
- Flexible working – talk to us about how we could better support you around life’s commitments
- 26 days’ holiday from the start, with an additional day off on your birthday and one day for voluntary activities
- Dedicated ‘innovation time’ and regularly hosted ‘lunch & learn’ sessions where you can develop explore new technologies and develop your skillset
- An annual Hackathon (2 days’ worth of office hours), in which you can participate and pursue your own ideas as part of a team
- A culture of fun, collaboration and diversity
What are we looking for?
If you have a degree in a Computer Science related subject and you’ve been in a DevOps Engineer role, or Site Reliability role using Linux and Jenkins, in an Agile environment we’d love to talk to you.
What you will be responsible for?
- Engage in and improve the software development lifecycle – from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
- Influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale systems
- Support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
- Automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
- Practice sustainable incident response as part of an on-call rotation and through blameless postmortems
- Remediate tasks within corrective action plan via sustainable, preventative, and automated measures whenever possible
What would make you stand out?
- Extensive experience with DevOps, Release Management and delivery of software to production with high quality.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX system administration, both physical and virtual systems.
- Automation Experience with Build/Deployment, Software Configuration/ContinuousIntegration/Continuous Delivery/Release Engineering related tasks in Java/C++ Environments.
- Experience in automating manual processes using Python, Ruby, Unix Shell (bash, ksh), perl, etc.
- Experience in Performance Testing/Tuning/Monitoring, maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Experience with multiple database technologies Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- Hands on experience Configuring and Administering SCM(GIT, SVN), Build (CMake, Make files, Maven), Nexus, CI(Jenkins), CD Automation Tools.
- Experience in Implementation of Application Tier with Tomcat.
- Strong understanding of software project release automation.
- Experience with Design/Implementation of Big Data technologies, including Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, Spark, ELK, etc
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure) and virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, OpenStack).
- Strong experience in Design/Implementation containers/applications in scalable HA/DR multi-tier cloud environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
**Primary - Tech Engineering and Service Ops
Schedule: Full time
Posted 16 days ago