Senior Quantity Surveyor
Coventry, West Midlands
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Up to £55,000
Summary of Role:
Responsible to a Commercial Manager for all commercial aspects of the Hard FM contract. Understand the impact of commercial and technical changes at strategic level within the customers business industry / sector.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Anticipate and plan change in commercial resource within a project to meet changing demands
Tendering and PreContract Activities:
- Provide commercial support to tendering process
Start Up of New Projects / Procurement:
- Has a high degree of understanding and working knowledge of project commercial start up procedures and is actively involved in the implementation of those procedures
- Ensure that materials and off site services are procured in an efficient manner with capable organisations in accordance with company procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept
- Prepare the basis of the project procurement schedule and ensure the team contribute and complete their relevant sections.
- Carry out subcontract procurement in accordance with the procurement timetable, in accordance with the company procurement policy
- Prepare the basis of work package contents sheets and ensure the project team contribute and complete their relevant sections.
- Carry out gap analysis between packages to ensure full and complete subcontract procurement takes place
- Prepare subcontract invitations to tender and evaluate tender returns (time, cost, quality and SHE) and make recommendations to appoint and place subcontracts, all in accordance with the company procurement process
- Work with supply chain to promote and measure continuous improvement in terms of cost, quality and learning of all parties
- Applications for Payment and Invoicing Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment
- Manage prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes
- Develop a strategy for concluding client negotiations
- Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
- Monitor and manage subcontract costs to ensure that the project meets and / or exceeds targets
- Ensure material wastage reconciliations are completed and the data used for cost reduction
- Monitor resources and costs to ensure that the project meets and / or exceeds targets, including but not limited to the scheduling of labour resources
- Review plant and equipment schedules to ensure efficiency of use Accounting and Reporting
- Produce accurate and timely CVR reports and forecasts and contributes toward the setting of financial targets
- Through understanding of planning and programming and knowledge of financial reporting challenge the rest of the project team(s) to ensure accurate progress reporting
- Establish and maintain accurate reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets
Risk and Opportunity Management:
- Identify project risks and opportunities early and ensure that they are managed, with risk and opportunity registers in use to minimise the risks and realise opportunities
- Ensure that any Change is identified and recorded through participation in regular and detailed review of construction information, measured against the contract requirements
- Ensure that all Change is challenged where the performance of the project could be affected
- Ensure that the cost (time, and money) of all client Change is recovered
- Carry out early value engineering activities as part of the project team, ensuring all associated costs of change are included within the evaluation
Programming and Project Controls:
- Assist and provide advice on programmes regarding the contractual and commercial requirements to mitigate risk, and maximise opportunity
Main Contract Administration:
- Ensure the project team understands the contractual relationships between the various parties and stakeholders, including the contractual obligations in relation to those interested parties, with particular emphasis to Conditions Precedent
- Ensure that all necessary contractual notices are put in place, timely and accurately and in accordance with the contractual obligations
Qualifications: BSc (Hons) or equivalent in Quantity Surveying essential
Professional Membership: RICS desired
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Posted 9 days ago