L&D Programme Assistant
£18,025 per annum + excellent benefits
Are you an experienced Administrator with strong organisation and communication skills? Do you want to work in the charity sector? Come and join Mencap, the leading charity who support individuals with a learning disability.
We are recruiting for a Learning & Development Programme Assistant to join our established L&D team in Peterborough, at Mencap’s Business Support Centre. This is a full time role (37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri) and it is a 12 month fixed term contract.
This is a vital role in the team and you will play a large part in the co-ordination of our trainers who are nationally based throughout the UK.
Key responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Booking venues for training.
- Setting up courses on the system.
- Booking and cancelling delegates onto courses.
- Maintaining the trainers diaries with scheduled courses.
- Maintaining spreadsheets with costs and delegates attending training.
- Behind the scene administration of individuals training records.
- Sending out course registers to trainers and processing registers after the training has taken place.
You will also be responsible organising up to 6 induction training block sessions (7 separate courses) per month and any other ad-hoc training requirements.
Key skills required:
- Accuracy of work and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage your own workload, whilst working as part of a team.
- Excellent levels of communication are essential, both verbal and written, and being able to communication on all levels.
- Being able to work under pressure and multitask.
- Recording information and data.
- Maintaining the L&D systems and data base.
Prior experience in an L&D environment is desirable, but not essential for this role. You will need previous experience in Admin planning, this can be anything from events, logistics, projects or anything else that requires large amounts of organisation. We also need someone who is happy to be decisive and make educated decisions in the spur of the moment.
This role will close for shortlisting on Weds 24th July.
Interviews will take place on Monday 29th July.
Posted 17 days ago