RGN Registered General Nurse
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£18.00 - £25.00 per hour
Are you a passionate registered general nurse with experience in a specialised CABIS service? We require a registered general nurse to take on a new role within acute medicine and neurology. It will be caring for people with minor head injures.
The role will involve you carrying out initial assessments mainly with patients who have post concussion symptoms. You will also be advising patients on appropriate medicines to take if required and delivering diagnosis.
The role will be covering the Gateshead and Sunderland area. The role is full time 37.5 hours per week and is due to run until January 2020.
If you feel your experience and background would be a good fit for the role or would like to know the benefits of working for Randstad please read more information below:
Day to day tasks in this role will involve:
- Experience of assessment and detection of red flag symptoms in Emergency Department
- Experience in management of basic pain symptoms especially headaches
- Experience of common neurological complications including epilepsy
- Able to drive in order to attend home visits
As a registered general nurse working for this client you must display the following:
- Knowledge of NMC guidelines and professional practices
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
- Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 2 years post registration experience within Mental Health Care Environment, evidence of continued professional development in relevant field.
- Is required to have effective written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills, with an ability to adapt their style as appropriate to the environment they are communicating in.
Working as a registered general Nurse for Randstad has many fantastic benefits such as:
* A unique app which allows you to manage your shifts at the click of a button
* Competitive pay rates of up to £25 per hour
* Specialised in house training which counts towards NMC revalidation
* A Randstad employee app offering fabulous discounts in shops & restaurants
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- NMC registered
- Nursing Degree
- As a potential candidate you will be registered with NMC and have a qualification as a Nurse. If you feel you meet these criteria then wed love to hear from you!
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
- If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have then please contact Sarah on:######### or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Posted 11 days ago