Quality Assurance Analyst
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
£30k - 36k per year + Benefits
VIQU are working with a market leading software company to hire a Data Warehouse QA Analyst who wil work alongside a high performing software development team with the joint goal of re-platforming and modernising their existing legacy product suite, utilising industry standard best practices and user experience techniques.
As a Data Warehouse Quality Analyst you must be results oriented and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment. This role will involve frequent interaction with stakeholders, product owners and developers to ensure they deliver a quality tested platform to their user base.
You will ensure that data loaded into the warehouse is accurate and presented correctly before being used by the Business Intelligence solutions. It will be necessary to identify potential errors, data quality and accuracy issues and work with the development team to resolve these.
- Plan, execute and document the testing of our software suite
- Collaborate with Product Owners from the onset to understand requirements, define test cases
- and suggest conditions of acceptance.
- Work closely with Developers as part of a SCRUM team to test user stories as they're being developed.
- Log and help to prioritise defects in Azure DevOps ensuring that the necessary level of detail is documented
- Update our bank of regression scripts on a continual basis.
- Identification of data quality issues
- Provide quality assurance oversight of data flows and stores
- Work with other members of your team to iteratively improve working practices.
- Assist with planning the regression testing activities in preparation for a release.
- Testing BI Reports built in a number technologies that form part of a wider BI Suite.
To be considered for this role your CV must demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Strong background in functional testing with the ability to design and develop test strategy and test cases for a Data Warehouse/ETL function.
- At least 1 years hands on experience in Data Warehousing testing projects
- Demonstrable expertise in the whole testing life cycle including knowledge of various test
methodologies, definition of test plans and test scripts, test execution and raising defects.
- Proficient in SQL and database systems
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in creating and executing database queries to support testing, such as using SQL and MongoDB.
- Experience of working within a SCRUM environment.
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level.
- Experience of testing high availability systems.
- Experience in performance testing and using performance testing tools such as Apache JMeter.
- Selenium / Test Automation Experience
- Experience working in an environment utilising Continuous Integration, and experience in build management.
- Experience testing web services and web applications and using API testing tools such as Postman
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Tristan Thompson , by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, alongside technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ' VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn, viqu_uk on Instagram, VIQU on Facebook, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Posted 11 days ago