IT and Communications Technician Apprentice
Blackburn, Lancashire, England
£12,480 per year
Do you have a good understanding and strong interest in IT, Tech and Hardware? Do you enjoy IT and technology as a hobby in your spare time?
Abbey Telecom is growing its support team through the addition of am IT and Communication Technician Apprentice.
Roles & Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Will use troubleshooting techniques to identify network and system faults.
- Installing Pc's with telephone software and configure for users based on customer requirements.
- Complete hardware upgrades.
- Setting up and maintaining devices internally and externally on client sites.
- Communicate professionally and in a friendly manner with customers.
- Installation of cabling using test equipment.
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by both Baltic Apprenticeships and Abbey Telecom.
Desired qualities, skills & knowledge:
- Due to the requirements of the role in the future, the candidate must be learning to drive as a minimum for future progression.
- Good work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Troubleshooting experience at home would be beneficial
- Passion and interest in tech, IT and hardware.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Eager and want to learn.
- A minimum 5 x GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent would be beneficial
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £12,480 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- 8.30 am - 17:00 pm with a 30-minute lunch break
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Company laptop, phone and company vehicle once you have passed your driving test.
About the employer:
Established in Blackburn in 1992 and on the web since 1996, Abbey Telecom installs and maintains telephone systems and services, working closely with clients ranging from small businesses to large organisation. The company brings its customers over 20 years of knowledge, experience and specialist expertise in the telecoms industry. Its reputation as one of the leading business telephone systems installers in the North West has grown, with customers both across the region and UK wide. To find out more about Abbey Telecom, please visit:
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Baltic Apprenticeships - Information, advice and guidance
Funding & Eligibility criteria:
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role. For more information, please read Annex A on the below
Posted 7 days ago