£30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
Morrison Utility Services are recruiting a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor to work on our Scottish Power Energy Networks contract in Blantyre.
You will provide accurate and effective SHEQ advice to all staff operating on the contract across the utility, street works and construction operations network. The role will include providing advice to all staff on SHEQ matters to ensure delivery of legislative compliance and client requirements and promote continuous improvement of safety and quality performance.
As the SHEQ Advisor**your duties & responsibilities will be:**
- Provide accurate SHEQ advice and support to operational staff, including advising on current CDM Regulations compliance as well as environmental issues.
- Provide support and guidance to operational teams and management on SHEQ performance and provide root cause analysis to aid relevant coaching and feedback.
- Assist and support line managers with incident / accident investigations.
- Provide feedback on identified SHEQ risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and corrective action plans.
- Engage staff and contractors on SHEQ performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets.
- Undertake audits of contract depots and staff on site.
- Delivery of new starter induction training and ongoing training needs for staff and operatives.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of, and a good understanding of the utilities/construction industry is essential.
- A NEBOSH certificate is required
- A NRSWA card is desirable
- CSCS card or EUSR registration is desirable
- PC literate with a good knowledge of MS Office
- A full clean driving licence will be required as you will be travelling to various sites
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company car and fuel card
- Private health care
Morrison Telecom Services is a part of M Group Services, delivering a range of essential infrastructure services to the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors across the UK and Ireland.
Working collaboratively with clients, Morrison Telecom Services brings commitment, innovation, teamwork and accountability to deliver long- term partnerships. We engage early to understand business targets, developing processes and systems, collaborate in design and planning, and help improve operational efficiency. We are focused on providing a full end-to-end service offering to fixed and mobile operators covering all aspects of a network life cycle.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Telecom Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers,communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people,developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
'M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.’
Posted 15 days ago