Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire, England
£15 - 25 per hour
Teaching Personnel are looking for a tutor to work in the NG24 area for up to 5 hours per day, 5 days per week. This role will be to work with a female Year 10 Looked After Child who presents as extremely vulnerable and can present with challenging behaviour - both verbally and physically. Therefore, we require someone resilient and with experience in this area, to offer a nurturing approach and support the child with cross-curricular subjects.
The role will take place within the residential home, while the child does not have a school place. No school applications are yet in place, therefore this role will be ongoing until a provision is found.
Ideal candidates for this role will be:
- Experienced working on a 1:1 basis with pupils either in schools or as a 1:1 tutor outside of the classroom environment
- Must have experience supporting LAC students and those who are vulnerable/challenging
- Experience in teaching Cross-Curricular subjects to KS4 level students
- Be confident to liaise effectively with residential care staff, schools and other professionals including social workers and LAC officers
- Able to create engaging, innovative lesson plans to help keep the student motivated as much as possible
- Able to create weekly feedback reports so that progress can be tracked and monitored regularly.
- Be able to deliver a range of cross-curricular subjects pitched at the correct level while offering a nurturing approach
- Able to be responsible for the safety and welfare of the pupil at all times, in addition to having a strong awareness of Child Protection issues (additional training is desirable but not essential)
If you are interested and available for this role, please contact Emma Gale ASAP on######### or email ######### !
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 12 days ago