Fire Risk Assessor/Surveyor Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£26000 - £35000 per annum
FIRE RISK ASSESSOR & SURVEYOR
A Property Consultancy are now entering an exciting and challenging new phase of
growth and development in the North of England, which includes expansion their Newcastle and
The role of Fire Risk Assessor & Surveyor will support our increasing commissions to undertake Fire Risk Assessments, Fire Door Surveys and Passive Fire Surveys, whilst also providing a range of other
surveying services to our clients.
Job Title: Fire Risk Assessor / Surveyor
To primarily undertake a full range of fire risk assessments, passive fire surveys and fire door inspections, together with a range of professional surveying services to a range of clients, individually and as part of a wider team. Representing the consultancy in a professional client focussed manner ensuring that projects are consistently delivered efficiently and effectively, maintaining and developing client relationships.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the Fire Risk Assessor
- Undertake a full range of Fire Risk Assessments.
- Undertake Passive Fire Surveys.
- Undertake Fire Door Surveys.
- Produce reports based upon survey finding and specifying remedial action and works.
- Provide specialist, technical advice and support in line with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety)
- Ensure projects are completed on budget and to schedule.
- Advise clients on building / property issues including technical, financial, contractual, legal /
statutory compliance, environmental, Building Regulations and conservation matters.
- Understand building defect pathology, identify defects and provide advice about remedial work.
- Carrying out feasibility studies.
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings / construction.
- Undertake a wide range of property surveys as required.
- Prepare plans, drawings, contracts, budgets, reports and other documentation as required.
- Manage projects and/or multidisciplinary teams.
- Undertake contract administration and site supervision.
- Answer telephone calls appropriately and take responsibility for the call to ensure enquiries are
dealt with effectively.
- To proofread reports and checking.
- To undertake research as required including summarising and preparing reports for Directors.
- Maintaining and updating projects, including workflow and invoice preparation.
- To assist and prepare new work bid, tender applications and contract documents.
- To ensure professional practice is carried out to the highest standards.
PERSON SPECIFICATION FIRE RISK ASSESSOR & SURVEYOR
Skills & Experience
- HNC or equivalent in a Health & Safety or Built Environment Subject
- Completion of nationally recognised Fire Risk Assessment training courses
- Degree level qualification in Health & Safety or Built Environment surveying discipline
- Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) / Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) / Fire Risk Assessment Competency Scheme (FRACS) / FPA
- Minimum of one years experience as a Fire Risk Assessor
- Knowledge of fire compartmentation surveys
- Experience or established track record of experience in Property Care and Maintenance, together with the ability to produce survey reports
- Knowledge of the building / surveying industry
- An excellent working knowledge of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- A working knowledge of Regulations and Legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practices, Health and Safety and other regulations relating to health and safety, construction, building maintenance and surveying.
- Selfmotivated and able to work independently and within a team
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships and have an approachable manner
- Excellent organisational skills, prioritising and planning effectively
- Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Understand and embraces equality and diversity
- Can work under pressure effectively to meet targets
- Access to and use of independent means of travel with appropriate insurance
- Full clean driving license
- Flexible approach to changing business needs
- Able to work in various locations throughout the UK, including extended stay when required.
- Can facilitate and chair meetings
- Good AutoCAD Skills
- Sound knowledge of working with either JCT or NEC Forms of Contract
With a competitive salary and support provided for continuous development and training, this is an
excellent opportunity for someone to develop or achieve their chartered status and enjoy career
progression with a forwardthinking company.
- £35,000 Per annum
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
If you are a Fire Risk Assessor looking to join a leading consultancy in Newcastle, please contact Alex Mead at Brandon James.
NEBOSH / MIFireE / GIFireE / TIFireE / IFE / CDM / Principal / Fire Risk Assessment / Fire Risk Assessor / Fire Safety / Health and Safety / Health and Safety Advisor / Newcastle / CDM Advisor / CDM15 /
Posted 7 days ago