Pub Business Partner - White Swan
The White Swan is an established pub located on the edge of Idlewells Shopping Centre in Sutton-in-Ashfield. The pub offers weekly entertainment and benefits from a great games room which boasts several TV’s, a pool table and darts throw. Throughout the week, this is a great local community pub and during the weekends, it become part of Sutton’s drinking circuit. There is also an opportunity for the new retailer to introduce their own food offering.
Who are we looking for?
This site would suit either an experienced or first time operator. The successful candidate must be keen to be part of the community and host regular fundraising events. Food experience would also be beneficial as there is potential for the new operator to introduce their own food offering.
About the agreement:
Our retail agreement is ideal for someone looking to run their own pub business for a small ingoing fee. Income is based on a percentage of the pub’s weekly sales, so the more you grow the business, the more you can earn.
- Self-employed opportunity
- Five year, rent free agreement
- Take home between 20% to 25% of the total weekly turnover
- Fully tied to Marston’s for all beers, wines, spirits and minerals however, all wet and food stock is supplied and paid for by Marston's
- Marston's pay for the utility bills (excluding council tax), repairs and provide fixtures and fittings
- Induction training is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated area operations manager to help you develop your business
Retail Partners are responsible for:
- Employing all staff, and responsible for staff costs and employments matters
- Council Tax on private residential accommodation and all insurance costs (excluding building insurance)
- £5,000 security deposit + £360 legal fees apply (including VAT)
- Obtaining proof of independent professional advice from a qualified accountant and a qualified solicitor at their own cost before entering into a full agreement
- Obtaining a Personal License
- Completing Pre-Entry Awareness Training (Optional)
Did you know?
Marston’s has a wide range of opportunities for a wide range of people, but one thing’s for sure, our passion for pubs is at the heart of all we do. We’ve got 183 years of experience in brewing beer and running a range of successful pubs throughout the UK, so you could say we’ve got a pretty good track record!
To run a pub with us, simply click Apply!
Posted 19 days ago