£35,916 per year
Shift Maintenance Engineer
In this role you will assume responsibility for the electrical integrity of equipment and will provide full engineering support under the leadership of the Engineering Team Leaders and the Chief Engineer.
- Responsibility for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM's where possible.
- Resolve machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- To assist in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsibility for ensuring current practices meet Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, and where possible that they exceed requirements.
- A team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility/ownership and a positive "can do" attitude.
- Have the ability to work effectively within a factory environment and perform under pressure.
- Complete all engineering work to high engineering, quality, safety and hygiene standards.
- Be flexible with working hours.
- Proficient in English (literacy and numeracy).
- Formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferably two to three years' experience in a fast moving industry.
- Knowledge and experience of the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery would be preferred.
- Previous experience of food processing equipment is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to use electrical test equipment, read schematic diagrams with experience in single and 3 phase installations including motors, inverters and PLC's (desirable but not essential).
Hours of Work
- Eight day shift pattern, working four consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day, followed by four consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift. Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.
Posted 5 days ago