Data Analytics ETL Consultant
London, Greater London, England
Under the auspices of our firm wide strategy and determination to lead our chosen markets with digital innovation, we are continuing to invest substantially in our data analytics proposition and innovating the way in which data is used to perform and support the delivery of professional services. We have already built a number of solutions on both the Qlikview platform called BDO Advantage and the PowerBI platform called BDO Merlin that are used on most audits. Therefore, for efficiency, a significant proportion of our ETL activity is processed through a shared service centre in Liverpool. However, due to the overwhelming success of these solutions and a need to broaden the range, there is a clear need to expand the existing team by bringing in deeper specialists to meet the expectations of the business.
- You will be joining a dynamic and fast growing team of experienced data specialists in an expert ETL delivery role. You will often be dealing with the more complex ETL scenarios as well as understanding and designing extraction routines for new source systems. Therefore, this role is frequently client facing and relatively technical, so an understanding of financial accounting systems, databases, data extraction methods as well as experience of working with data will be very advantageous.
- Supporting the delivery of data analytics solutions:
- • To assist in the development of financial system data extraction routines and guidance.
- • To liaise with and support audit teams and clients during the data extraction process.
- • To visit clients sites and assist in new data extractions.
- • To develop and modify data transformation and load scripts.
- • To liaise and co-ordinate with third party data extraction providers
- • To oversee junior staff performing data loads into data analytics solutions.
- • To assist in the cleansing and correcting of data
- • To perform reviews and quality checks after data has been loaded.
- • To liaise with audit teams to resolve data quality or reconciliation issues
- • To perform ad-hoc analytics using tools such as Caseware IDEA, Qlikview & Power BI.
- • To provide feedback and recommendations on process and tools used.
- • Essential : Familiarity with data extraction and cleansing processes
- • Desirable : Knowledge of financial systems and concepts
- • Desirable : Knowledge of database admin such as restores and connections
- • Desirable : Experience of data analytics
- • Desirable : Coding skills, or an aptitude to learn basic coding skills
- • Knowledge of the concepts of a financial audit
- • Analytical and innovative mind set
- • An enthusiasm for data and how it may be analysed and interpreted.
- • A willingness to learn basic coding skills
- • Tenacious problem solving ability
- • A team player able to work independently
- • Flexible workplace arrangements including occasional working from home
- • Travel and collaborative opportunities across the UK and Internationally
- • Part of a fast growing and dynamic team which is a key strategic investment for BDO
- • A fantastic opportunity to have pivotal input into initiatives and direction where every voice matters
- • Clear accountability and recognition with the ability to work continuously alongside stakeholders
Posted 16 days ago