Beers Wines and Spirits Contract Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £50000.0 per annum
Beers Wines and Spirits Contract Manager Circa £50,000 plus benefits Manchester city centre Based in Manchester with frequent regional travel to depots
Were looking for a beers wines and spirits contract manager to join the National Contracts team. The team looks after all the suppliers within the logistics network and all supplier contracts currently in place. They make sure we are getting great value for money and that suppliers are compliant, while also monitoring noncompliance, issuing penalties where appropriate.
In this role itll be up to you to get the most out of supplier contracts, cutting costs, driving efficiency and boosting overall return on investments. Its a big opportunity and a chance to make a difference in a business going through some exciting change.
As a beers wines and spirits contract manager youll:
- make the transportation of goods as quick, cheap and easy as possible by engaging with freight forwarders and finding out where further efficiencies can be found
- look at endtoend agreement in contracts to make sure we are doing everything in the cheapest way and getting value for money on contracts
- conduct performance reviews with freight forwarders, identifying issues and areas where improvements can be made
- analyse MI and data tracking costs and minimising slippage, looking to boost efficiency of operations
- collaborate with internal colleagues and external business partners to maximise Coops financial return on investment
This role would suit people who have:
- strong communication and negotiation skills, challenging in the right way to secure long term contract improvements and cost reductions
- previous contract management experience in beers, wines, spirits
- detailed understanding of customs excise legislation
- good knowledge and understanding of Coop logistics operations
- great time management skills, with the ability to work independently
Here youll do work that matters. Were a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and as a beers wines and spirits contract manager youll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Coop and stronger communities. Youll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Coop products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
Were actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Coop people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application youll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Posted 66 days ago