QA Engineer (Web & Mobile Applications)
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
£32k - 37k per year + Bonus & Benefits package
VIQU are partnered with a leading Software House to hire a Mobile Applications QA Engineer to work alongside their high performing in-house development team. As a Mobile Application Quality Engineer you will be working towards re-platforming and modernising my clients existing legacy product suite, using industry best practices and user experience techniques.
As a Mobile Application QA you must be results orientated, self motivated and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment. This role will involve frequent interaction with stakeholders, product owners and developers. To ensure my client delivers a quality tested platform to their user base.
The Web and Mobile Quality Analyst will be someone who has ideally worked with mobile applications, both manual and automation (medium to expert level, creating test automation frameworks from scratch). At the moment my clients mobile project is in its pilot phase, therefore, someone that can grow with the project and take ownership is desirable. During this phase, you would be expected to have the skills and experience to work on web based applications / cross browser testing.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Hands on experience in Web / Mobile testing projects
- Proficient in SQL and database systems
- Strong background in functional testing and testing automation of web testing/mobile testing
- Mobile testing with Appium
- Demonstrable expertise in the whole testing life cycle including knowledge of various test methodologies, definition of test plans and test scripts, test execution and raising defects.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with selenium web driver and other manual/automation tools.
- Experience testing web services and web applications and using API testing tools such as Postman.
- Experience in creating and executing database queries to support testing, such as using SQL and MongoDB.
- Experience of working within a SCRUM environment.
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level.
- Experience of testing high availability systems.
- Experience in performance testing and using performance testing tools such as Apache JMeter.
- Experience working in an environment utilising Continuous Integration, and experience in build management.
- Mobile testing experience for native apps would be a bonus.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Tristan Thompson , by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, alongside technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ' VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn, viqu_uk on Instagram, VIQU on Facebook,and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Posted 7 days ago