Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£22,000 - £32,000
Our clients are a leading Construction and Civil Engineering contractor operating throughout London, the Home Counties, Suffolk and Essex. As they continue to grow, they're currently looking to recruit an ambitious Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Buckinghamshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading construction company specialising in construction works for Public Authorities including county and district councils, government departments, statutory authorities, harbour boards and Network Rail. They're ideally looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years' experience with a sound working knowledge of construction, groundworks, civil works & utility services.
The role will involve (but not limited to):
- Preparation of interim and final accounts
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities & notifications
- Sub-contract procurement ensuring maximum value for money
- Sub-contract valuations and final accounts
- Preparation of Compensation Events/Variations
- Contractual correspondence
- Commercial reporting
- Procurement of professional service for design etc.
- BSc Quantity Surveying degree (or similar construction related degree)
- Working knowledge of NEC and JCT conditions of contract
- Able to carry out site measures when required
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Full UK drivers licence
In return, they're offering a competitive salary up to £32k plus company car, 21days holiday (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays, company pension scheme and private healthcare.
Posted 76 days ago