Admissions Manager/Recruiter - Apprenticeships Teamv
Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, our mission is to transform lives, accelerating the careers of tech professionals by integrating education & employment.
- You deserve a job you love, and this one is about selecting the right candidates to join the course at Makers, as part of our Admissions team.
- No previous knowledge of coding is required - although will be a bonus.
- As a Makers Admissions Manager, you'll be the friendly face or voice that helps qualified applicants into becoming our next generation of Makers. This means managing our pipeline of applicants and helping soft-sell our course (we don't do pushy sales).
- If you're looking to join a team where you'll learn, grow and make a difference and where you'll be heard and valued - get in touch.
- About Makers
- At Makers, we are inspired by the idea of discovering and unlocking tech skills potential in people for the benefit of business and society. We combine tech education with employment possibilities that transform lives.
- Founded in 2013, we've helped more than 1,500 people begin a new career in software and have been building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
- We're pretty good at what we do, according to our clients (both developers and employers), industry bodies, the press and the government. We can only get better by working with you.
- Working in a company that's built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;Able to join yoga and meditation sessions run for the students;Join a scaling company that's evolving all the time;We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum - we encourage our team to take at least 28 days a year;Private Medical Insurance (after you've been with us for at least 3 months);Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each other.
- The role
- Key responsibilities
- Delivering the Apprenticeships admissions process from application, interview, employer matching to registrationFulfil client demand for high quality apprentices month on month, Work with key business stakeholders to define new customer journeys from application, selection, matchmaking to course start stagesOversee Makers Apprenticeships ongoing interview structure Determine candidate wants, needs and desires to fulfil delivery of exceptional experienceDetermine hiring partner wants, needs and desires to fulfil delivery of exceptional service
- Day to day customer support for both selection & matchmaking candidatesPair Programming interviews
- What does success look like?
- We have a sustainable process for ongoing Apprenticeships admissionsEvery cohort, we have the right number of high-quality candidates joining our courseApplicants' feedback is outstanding, providing each and every one of them with a friendly, responsive and professional experienceWe make great improvements to our admissions' processes, with some levels of automationWe have an effective way to advertise employment opportunities and determine candidate interest You're a collaborative and valued member of the admissions team
- Location: Time split between our campus in Spitalfields and Clerkenwell, London.Salary: We'll offer in the region of £25,000, depending on previous (relevant) experience.
- Interview process:
- Application (and ideally, CV/LinkedIn)Phone InterviewFace-to-face interview with Marketing & AdmissionsFace-to-face interview with our MD and our CEO
- On Inclusivity
- We're building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included - we think we're doing a good job of that so far, but we know can do a lot better, and we're committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you'd feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we're really sorry; and second, we'd really like to hear from you about it, so we don't do it again.
Posted 7 days ago