Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Full-time, part-time hours available
We are looking on behalf of out client for a motivated nurse like you to join their growing team.
Based in Newton Heath in East Manchester, their newly refurbished home offers a service for adults primarily with a diagnosis of young on-set dementia. They offer outstanding care, supporting everyone who lives in the home to continue to do the things they enjoy, be part of the community and have the quality of life you would expect for your own family members.
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring the delivery of safe and effective nursing care to service users within the setting. They will support the management team in managing the service by promoting team work with all disciplines of staff and maintaining a person centred service with emphasis at all times on independence, individuality and personal choice.
- The post holder will demonstrate the maximum flexibility required to meet the varied need of the service. They will work within the twenty-four hour management system which operates a rotational day/night rota
- To maintain and provide a homely environment for service users, ensuring that the highest standards of care are maintained at all times.
- Supervise the professional work of junior staff ensuring that service user care is carried out according to the hospital/home policies and procedures.
- Administer drugs and medicines as prescribed, according to service’s Medicine’s Management policy and NMC Guidance. Monitor for effect and side effects.
- Provide education and support to service users regarding medication. Liaise with the Pharmacist and ensure service users can access the Pharmacist face to face as and when necessary.
- Assist the management team in arranging duty rotas and making optimum use of available staff.
- Ensure that staff are instructed in the use of new equipment, including safety measures. Inspect equipment regularly to ensure that it is functional and safe to use and report any problems or replacement requirements to the Clinical Lead /Deputy Manager/Registered Manager.
- Be conversant with the Health and Social Care Act 2008/Care Act 2014 and the Care Quality Commission’s Essential Standards of Quality and Safety, ensuring that they are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Maintain clear, factual, concise, legible and contemporaneous records of all aspects of service user care at all times.
- Be responsible for keeping abreast of current clinical/nursing agenda.
- Attend courses and seminars, including all mandatory training, as required by the Clinical Lead/Deputy Manager/Registered Manager.
- Communicate with relatives and visitors. Encourage relatives to become involved in the service users’ individual care programmes and other activities
Be fully conversant with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy. Take all reasonable precautions for the health and safety of yourself, service users, colleagues, visitors and the overallsecurity of the premises and their contents.
Registered Learning Disability Nurse, Registered Mental Health Nurse or
Registered General Nurse (RGN - care homes only)
What we can offer:
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Professional development (including support with re-validation)
- A competitive salary
- Paid breaks
- £500 bonus on completion of 6 month probationary process
- £1,000 bonus upon completion of 2 years’ service
- Enhanced over-time rate
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Cost coverage of NMC Registration fees
Posted 14 days ago