Software Engineer (DevOps)
Do you have an appetite for driving change and supporting solutions utilizing the latest technologies? Are you ready to join a dynamic team of engineering professionals as we continue a global transformation? Equifax are seeking experienced software and operational support engineers to bring great ideas and enthusiasm to our growing Site Reliability Engineering chapter in Leeds.
Who are Equifax?
Equifax is a Global Information Solutions company. We are powering the world with knowledge to help make more informed business and personal decisions. Equifax Leeds is a Technology Centre based in Wellington Place with a focus on building software and technology to support Equifax operations around the world.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customised insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
About the team:
Embedded within development tribes Site Reliability Engineers define an approach to building and running production systems – we engineer solutions to operational problems with a keen focus on the customer experience.
We promote practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, conducting blameless post mortems and delivering fast, high-quality feedback. You will help drive this by ruthlessly automating and engaging collaboratively with other specialists within our technology alliances and the wider organization.
In a typical day you will:
- Engage in and improve the software development lifecycle – from inception and design, through development, testing and deployment into live running.
- Influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale systems.
- Maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency.
- Support our First Line Responder engineering teams and practice sustainable incident response and remediate tasks within corrective action plans.
- Define and refine Service Level Objectives, working closely with Product Managers and Technical Leads to prioritize work based on customer focused, operational service indicators.
Our**Software Engineer (DevOps)**will bring:
Demonstrable professional experience within a Software Development, IT, DevOps, and/or Cloud Technology operations environment.
More specifically you will have a number of the following:
- Experience with Linux/UNIX system administration, database administration, capacity, performance and availability management.
- Delivery and support of complex, enterprise class solutions including experience working with middleware technologies (Weblogic, MQ, Springboot).
- Demonstrable scripting skills (bash, python, perl).
- Knowledge of CI/CD solutions, code repositories and version control platforms (Bitbucket, Git, Artefactory, Jenkins, Hudson, GoCD).
- Hands-on experience with deployment/configuration frameworks (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Rundeck).
- Understanding of containerization and container orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere).
- Exposure to Cloud computing solutions (GCP, AWS).
- Familiarity with Application Performance Monitoring, Synthetic Monitoring and Test Automation solutions (Appdynamics, New Relic, DataDog, Selenium Webdriver).
- Experience working on security initiatives, including proactive security testing, patch management and vulnerability remediation.
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
We offer an excellent compensation package with, competitive market salaries, full healthcare, 26 days holidays, pension and bike to work scheme to mention a few.
If your application is successful we will call you for an initial pre –screen and if that goes well we will invite you into our office for a face to face interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
**Primary - Tech Engineering and Service Ops
Schedule: Full time
Posted 15 days ago