As Property Administrator you'll provide administrative support to the Property team of circa ten colleagues, to effectively serve the customers of the Halfords Group.
This role will provide administrative support to a busy, mainly field based team, ensuring that all general administrative tasks are performed in a timely and efficient manner, alongside the existing property administrator.
The Halfords property team manage a property portfolio of 455 retail stores, 316 Halford autocentres and 21 Cycle Republic stores, 2 Distribution centres and the Support centre, with a rent roll of £142m per annum.
The main workstream for the department is:
- Portfolio management – the acquisition, disposal and relocation of properties
- Estate management – rent reviews, lease renewals, service charge and business rates, ensuring property costs are minimised
- Network planning – property data analytics
- Responsible for accurate input to and maintaining of the property database, data management and integrity, running reports, to support processing the day to day workload and ensuring processing of payments
- Developing, reviewing and updating databases and spreadsheets
- Liaising with the surveyors and other internal and external stakeholders
- Coding and processing invoices, liaising with colleagues in finance and arranging payments
- Setting up and arranging rent payments
- Invoice tracking and finding solutions to discrepancies.
- Electronic filing of documents
- Instructing finance to produce invoices and arranging BACS payments
- Chasing overpayment refunds and identify errors, find and implement solutions
- Assisting the portfolio surveyors with general on-site estate management issues
- Arranging site inspections and liaising with landlords and agents as required
- Demonstrate good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work in a demanding environment
- Knowledge of SAP system beneficial but not essential as training available
- Demonstrate integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Credit control knowledge and ability to resolve discrepancies
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365 and Sharepoint
- Self-motivated, comfortable with a high volume of work without needing a high level of support and management and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal
- Team player – a pivotal support to the whole team
Posted 19 days ago