Qualified Social Worker
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£144.57 - £185.36 per day
If your passion is in social care dont miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work within this outstanding authority. Gateshead Council is currently looking for a Social Worker to join their Adult Assessment & Planning team. The authority is offering a six month contract with the view to extend. You will be working alongside a supportive team, allowing you to make a positive impact on the lives of young children & their family on a daily basis.
As well as being a supportive authority Gateshead offers:
- Clear progression routes
- Easy transport links
- Parking Permanent
- Located in the Town Centre
- Easy access to local amenities
- Provided with a work phone & tablet from the outset of contract
- Access to all training course available to permanent staff members
Benefits of Randstad
- An unlimited referral incentive, £300 voucher for anyone you refer to us
- Full range of training available
- Support & training in line with HCPC
- A committed & dedicated consultant
Salary This full time position offers an attractive hourly rate of up to £25 an hour (Umbrella)
- Carrying out a range of assessments & reviews with Adults and their carers.
- Undertake reviews of cases to ensure the adult/carer continues to be eligible for services provided by the authority.
- Developing & implementing child centred plans
- To undertake duty functions this may include responding to urgent referrals.
- Identify a range packages that will meet service users needs & ensuring the authorities budget was spent appropriately
- Chairing meetings including case conferences and safeguarding meetings.
The successful candidate must
- Experience of working with adults (and carers) who have physical disabilities, mental health needs and learning disabilities
- Experience of undertaking assessments, applying relevant criteria and where necessary identifying appropriate services to meet eligible need.
- Experience of managing risk and being involved in the safeguarding process
- Be a qualified social worker
- Be HCPC registered
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss other opportunities available within social care please contact Ethan Proud on #########
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Posted 3 days ago