Leeds, West Yorkshire
Yorkshire Water is a single provider of water network reactive repair and maintenance works including water main and services repairs, valve maintenance, main and service connections, fire hydrants, street furniture, tankering, domestic meter options and replacements. Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a SHEQ Advisor to work on the Yorkshire Water contract in Leeds.
As a SHEQ Advisor, you will provide SHEQ advice and support for construction based water utility projects, having a working knowledge of the application of CDM in particular the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor Roles. Working as part of a larger SHEQ team the role will also involve some interaction directly with the Client, Yorkshire Water. Experience within the water and/ or utilities industry is desirable but not essential.
A SHEQ Advisors duties & responsibilities will include:
- Ensure contract/site compliance against company, client and legislative requirements.
- Ensure delivery of legislative compliance and promotion of continuous improvement of safety performance.
- Foster the development of SHEQ skills within operational line management.
- Ensure consistent implementation of SHEQ standards across the contract and act as contract CDM focal point advising/guiding Managers/ Designers and Client as required.
- Support operational personnel to deliver their SHEQ responsibilities, whilst supporting and assisting the MUS SHEQ Managers on all SHEQ matters relating to Asset Solutions including processes and procedures, assurance and verification.
- Undertake inspections / audits of contracts and identify areas for improvement.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- NEBOSH Construction/General Certificate (Essential)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent degree (desirable)
- Full Driving License (Essential)
- CDM Specialist (Essential)
- Relevant EUSR qualifications (desirable)
- Environmental Qualifications – (desirable)
- Awareness of Health and Wellbeing good practice (desirable)
- Strong communicator with an ability to advise on SHEQ matters across the contractual area of operations. (Essential)
- Experience within the water industry (desirable)
- Experience with Utilities (desirable)
- NRSWA (desirable)
- You will be a water Industry professional with SHEQ and CDM experience with the ability to positively influence safety culture, Environmental good practice, Health and Wellbeing.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 17 days ago