IT Support Technician
London SE15, UK
£25k - £35k (Depending on experience)
IT Support Technician
Salary: £25k - £35k (Depending on experience)
- Do you have knowledge of IT systems used within the NHS?
- Have you got the experience in maintaining IT systems?
- Are you excited about supporting teams in using technology to help us deliver exceptional patient care?
If you feel that this exciting and important opportunity could be the next role for you then please do get in touch.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated IT Support Technician professional to be part of our growing organisation; serving staff and delivering high quality care to patients.
At DMC Healthcare we know that the only way we can deliver exceptional patient care is by enabling our clinical teams with the correct tools to focus on our patients by reducing their administrative burden. We are a forward thinking, technologically advanced company. We have in-house developed and currently use a SharePoint based Intranet, digital smartcards, cloud-based infrastructure and storage primarily with o365. We have developed our own TeledermApp which will transform dermatology pathways of care. We are looking for someone to take us to the next level, which includes analysing the use of Robotic Process Automation and embracing the NHS Digital Strategy.
To besuccessful in this role you will have experience in:
- Keeping systems up-to-date through operating systems upgrades.
- Monitoring networking equipment and servers.
- Assisting with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Monitoring web performance, network availability, and security.
- Overseeing troubleshooting for system errors.
- Providing helpdesk support for network issues.
- Providing technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed.
- Responding to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Evaluating connectivity issues, equipment, and software.
- Modifying configurations, utilities, software, etc.
- Setting up equipment for new users.
- Installing, testing and monitoring servers, firewalls, and new software.
- Performing data backups.
- Installing and updating network system improvements as needed.
- Assisting with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
We are lookingfor a candidate who can:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- We anticipate you will have at least 1-2 years minimum experience in an IT Support Technician role.
Skills you needto have:
- Strong technical capabilities in Windows workstations and server, Microsoft Business Applications (eg., Office 365, Azure).
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a technological field.
- NHS experience would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Certification is desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- The IMTT will be based at our Head Office in south London but will be expected to support our clinical sites across the country from time to time. However, we expect the majority of the work will be locally based.
- As part of the benefits package you will be entitled to 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
We are asuccessful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland.
We have grownrapidly in the past decade from a single practice in Dulwich to a team of over400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
Posted 23 days ago