LGV Driver Apprentice - Reading
Suttons Park Ave, Earley, Reading RG6 1AZ, UK
LGV Class 2 Multi Temp Driver Apprentice
Brake Bros Ltd
Do you love driving? Are you good with people and like the potential of earning great money after learning new skills? This is a FANTASTIC opportunity to join the UK’s largest food service company and earn while you learn to become a Brakes Multi Temp Driver!
Closing date: 31 Oct 2019
Weekly wage: £288.00
Working week: Working days are any 5 from 7. Early mornings - start times vary from 4am to 6am but hours will be within working time directive and you be required to work at least 1 Saturday in 4 (subject to change). Average of 48 hours per week
Total hours per week: 48.00 (the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Expected duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 11 Nov 2019
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate / Level 2 (GCSE)
Reference number: VAC001583287
Positions: 6 available
From pies in Portbury to a hotpot in a hospital, from lasagne in Leeds to whole lobster at a Michelin starred restaurant, we deliver over 1.5 million items to our customers each and every day. Your local pub, your favourite restaurant, your children’s schools all have one thing in common – Brakes.
With a business built on quality, reliability, innovation and trust, Brakes UK has been serving chefs across the food industry for over 50 years. We’re the leading foodservice business in the UK and part of Sysco, the global leader in foodservice.
We rely on our 7,000 great people to deliver every day to our customers up and down the country. We care about where our food comes from and how it’s produced and are committed to being a positive influence on the communities we work with.
Our Brakes drivers are the best of the best, they not only love to drive, but they are great with their customers too, delivering orders with care whilst going that extra mile and aiding our customers with their needs along the way.
It’s hard work, but a Brakes driver makes it look easy!
The role of a Class 2 driver at our Reading depot involves delivering ambient, chilled and frozen products to our customers.
As a driver apprentice based in Reading you will enter a learning programme and be mentored to enable you to fully understand our whole operation and your role within it.
This would include:
- Learning all aspects of the day to day operation within our depot
- Delivering in a van whilst gaining knowledge of routes and Brakes customer service
- Attend a 5/6-day programme with WTTL in Devizes to learn to drive a Class 2 vehicle
- Creating a bond with a ‘Buddy driver’ who will be there to guide and mentor you through the programme
- Undertaking 1 learning module per month throughout the programme, whilst also working towards gaining your CPC
- Learning all about the importance of temperature control and the Health and Safety side around it
- A complete understanding of daily vehicle checks and the legal and safety side for you and everyone
- How to be compliant with Tachograph and working time directive
- You will learn the importance of planning and communication within the depot and their routes
- Upon completing your class 2 training you will be given a loaded vehicle each day with approx. 13-16 drops in delivery order which you would complete daily, then on your return you will be required to refuel, de-kit everything off the rear of the vehicle and debrief within the office.
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- Be able to demonstrate safe driving skills
- Good communicational skills
- Team player
- Manual Handling skills
- Be able to communicate with confidence
- Able to adapt to different situations
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Full UK driving licence
- After 6 months (assuming you pass your Class 2 practical driving test) your salary will increase to £20,000 per annum.
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship your salary will substantially increase to that of LGV Multi Drop Driver which is £33,517.
- Further opportunities to develop will be identified within your IPR reviews with the potential to progress into further roles for example, Route Planning or Shift Manager.
Things to consider:
- Bank holidays are included in the working week
- This job is demanding and requires candidates to be physically fit
About the employer
From pies in Portbury to a hotpot in a hospital, from lasagne in Leeds to whole lobster at a Michelin starred restaurant, we deliver over 1.5 million items to our customers each and every day. Your local pub, your favourite restaurant, your children’s schools all have one thing in common – Brakes Group.
We rely on our 7,000 great people to deliver every day to our customers up and down the country.
Feed your ambition, Deliver your future.
Brake Bros Ltd
Address: Unit 24, Suttons Business Park, Sutton Park Avenue, Reading, RG6 1AZ
Training provider: WTTL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wiltshire Transport Training Ltd
Contact: Luke Dean######### #########
Training to be provided
- Level 2 - Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) driver standard
- Functional Skills if required
- 12 x college days at WTTL
- 5 day driving course at WTTL
- 1-day CPC training/test
- Large goods vehicle (LGV) driver - Level 2 (GCSE)
Posted 7 days ago