Senior Category Manager - Bricks
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
£Competitive Inc Bonus, Benefits and Car
£Very Competitve inc Bonus-Benefits and Car
At Travis Perkins, we are currently looking for a guru, an expert, a special pair of hands to manage one of our biggest selling product categories...Bricks.
To some a brick is a material used to simply build walls. But not to Travis Perkins. To us a brick is much more than that - its a small, but perfectly formed commodity that has been helping to build homes since 7000 bc.
It might be one of the oldest building materials, but its one of the greatest and we sell millions of them - Dragfaced, Rusticated, Sandfaced, Stock, Waterstruck, Wirecut - we love them all, and so do our customers!
At Travis Perkins, our mission is simply to supply the best building materials to the best builders in town. We operate in an ever-changing and highly competitive market - we have over 200 years heritage behind us, but wont rest on our laurels.
About the role.
We are passionate about our customers and we will do all we can to help them win business, complete projects, big or small.
We are on the look out for somebody to manage our bricks category - centered around our customer strategy to source the best products at the best price - to build and maintain fantastic relationships with our suppliers as well as our branches - ultimately supporting them to deliver first-class service. What matters to customers, matters to us.
Top three things this role needs to deliver:
- A clear, customer-focused strategy to secure growth in sales, profit and market share
- An awesome proposition for customers based on knowledge and insight and a product range balancing quality and value
- A collaborative approach with our branch and sales teams to execute brilliant commercial projects
Professionallyyou will ideally have a breadth of knowledge of the brick industry - be that in a branch, sales or a central function role.
Key Applicant Specifications are
- A strong commercial mind and an instinct for a deal.
- A fantastic communicator, working with our suppliers, branch and sales teams.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at any one time.
- An eye for numbers - analytical and problem solving.
- Ability to influence and negotiate.
- Able to Inspire and support those working around you.
- Possess passionate Customer focus!
Our strong family values and 'cornerstones' lie at the heart of the success of our journey. If, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, then please apply today !
Posted 15 days ago