Key Account Manager / Business Development Manager Materials
Birmingham, West Midlands
performance based bonus
Job Title:Key Account Manger
Location:National, Field Based with 1 day a week at the head office in Huntingdon
Salary: Competitive depending on experience + performance based bonus
Job type:Permanent, Full time
Closing Date: 20th September 2019
This is an ambitious UKbased company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. They supply materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications within areas such as Healthcare, Industry, Communications, Academia and Defence.
Travelling throughout the UK to key customers the role of the Key Account Manager is to develop and support key customers through onsite customer visits. With a background from a similar industry / material knowledge you will develop a deep understanding of your customers portfolio, understanding their needs and creating individual customer plans. You will be responsible for helping to sustainably grow the business within the existing customer base in the UK and internationally, where customers are able to communicate in English. You would be expected to proactively manage your own workload and diary, work to sales targets and KPIs for a portfolio of accounts as well as developing business across the customer base.
Supported by the wider team, the successful applicant will be instrumental in working with the Sales Director and other members of the sales team to influence the direction of the sales strategy.
- To grow sales and profit within a portfolio of customers developing new and maintaining existing relationships with those customers
- Identification of key customers from existing customer base to build existing share of the market and identification of prospective organic growth
- Achieving portfolio and group sales targets set by the business
- Undertaking frequent national and international travel where appropriate to attend meetings with prospective new customers together with site visits, exhibitions and events
- Providing support to Sales Director on strategy and direction of the Sales
- Ensure that the sales team meet the needs of the rest of the business by way of interaction and liaison with other departments
- To summarise and present key activities, event and milestones to Sales Director for monthly reporting to Board and management meetings
- Managing customer relationships
- To assist in the Marketing and promotion of the Company by providing information for advertising campaigns
- By being aware of all group activities, to contribute towards the group wide business development and to support the Board to achieve business targets and objectives
- Materials Science or Chemistry Degree (2:2) or relevant materials knowledge/experience (Metals, Polymers, Ceramics & Glass)
- Experience in a peripatetic business development role.
- Proven track record in sales
- Strong influencing, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creative and results driven
- Ability to provide technical advice to customer through own knowledge or team support
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills including Word, PowerPoint or Prezi
- Advanced EXCEL skills, ability to extract & analyse data
- Willingness to travel and be away from the office on a regular and frequent basis
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Resolve issues and be solution driven
- Quickly establish rapport and credibility
- Feedback to wider team to improve processes
- Identify opportunities for sales growth
- Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Competitive Salary
- Commission / Bonus schemes
- Company Car
- Laptop, iPhone, Expense Card
- Company Medical Insurance
- Flexible working
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Sales Engineer, Sales Negotiator Sales Executive, Engineering Sales, Senior Sales Agent, Graduate, Account Management, Direct Sales, B2B Sales, Business Development Executive, BDM, Sales Consultant, Key Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Technical Account Manager, Technical Sales Expert, Business to Business Sales, Client Account Manager, Customer Sales, Business Account Executive may also be considered for this role.
Posted 11 days ago