Pharmacist - Pentagon Centre
Chatham ME4, UK
£30,400 - £37,250 (Depending on experience)
PrimaryCare Pharmacist DMC Healthcare
Permanent, full time
Salary: £30,400 - £37,250 (Depending on experience)
- Are you a qualified Pharmacist with front-line experience in Primary Care?
- Do you have excellent IT skills and communication skills?
- Do you have a good knowledge of QOF and QIPPP?
If you are thinking yes, then DMC Healthcare would love to hear fromyou.
As a Pharmacist you will bea key member within the primary care team contributing to the quality of careand operational efficiencies of a large, modern, GP training practice. You willhave a passion for delivering excellent service as this role is pivotal in improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies. This role will be based at our Pentagon Centre, Medway.
DMC Healthcare is a leading provider ofPrimary Care Services operating GP surgeries, walk-in centres and mobilemedical units across London and the South East. We offer patients a full rangeof NHS primary and urgent care services, including extended opening hours andsupport. At DMC we believe in working together to deliverhealthier outcomes for our patients and our own teams.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent IT skills andcommunication skills. You will maintain a good knowledge of QOF and QIPPP andother developments in relation to Primary Medical Services Contract.
- To agree a Medication Review policy with practices for implementation of changes to prescribed drugs that can be made by the pharmacist for individual patients
- To identify target patient groups in order to perform patient medication reviews
- To provide pharmaceutical medication review and health education advice to patients at GP surgeries through home visits, by telephone or by notes-based review as agreed with the practice
- To provide pharmaceutical input to chronic disease management clinics as appropriate
- To follow up other prescribing issues identified through medication reviews and facilitate implementation of changes by GPs and appropriate follow-up monitoring
- To monitor the effects of medications by checking clinical signs and symptoms, including blood pressure and pulse monitoring and spirometry, following appropriate training
- To contribute to public health campaigns, including flu vaccinations, and childhood immunisations programmes, adult immunisation programme
- Ensure practices have a repeat prescribing policy and system in place and monitor that system to achieve a high level of efficiency, in order to promote repeat dispensing by Community Pharmacists and Electronic Prescription Services
- Ensure all repeat medications are synchronised on the clinical system (EMIS Web, SystmOne)
- Implement and monitor adherence to repeat prescribing policy ensuring repeat medication reviews are conducted at appropriate intervals
- Participate in education and training for staff, carers and patients on medicines management issues
- Provide support with note summarisationand ensure adherence to record management policies
- To develop a working relationship with Community Pharmacists and to help facilitate the successful implementation of CCG commissioned services
- To facilitate good working relationships between the practice and local community pharmacists
- An undergraduate degree in pharmacy and regstration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a pharmacist, demonstrated within a practice portfolio
- Ideally a member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) which reflects the requirement to keep your skills and knowledge up to date with annual CPD
- You will be experienced in working in a Primary Care setting
- You will be looking for an opportunity for self-development and improvement
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Be motivated by delivering exceptional patient
- A willingness to work with others and respect their views
If you are interested in this position then we would love to hear fromyou. In return, you will enjoy a challenging and diverse career with DMC.We offer good market pay-scales, travel benefits, Pension, training andsupport. We offer healthcare and wellbeing benefits, growth anddevelopment opportunities and other additional perks.
Posted 11 days ago