Data Analytics Project Manager - Royston
Up to £275 per day LTD
Jenni at CK Group is recruiting for a Scientific (Data Analytics) Project Manager to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Melbourn, Royston on a 11 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a large presence and multiple sites in the UK. They produce innovative medicines across a range of therapeutic areas to enhance the health and lives of their patients.
The Location: The company's Centre for Genomics Research (CGR) is now looking for a Scientific Project Manager to support the growing data, informatics and analytics capabilities of the Centre. The Centre was launched in April 2016 and has the bold ambition to analyse up to two million genomes by 2026. Using genomics data and state-of-the-art methods for genomic analysis, CGR will investigate underlying genetic causes of disease and integrate genomics across the entire drug discovery and development platform. This work is fundamental to driving the discovery of novel precision medicines.
In this role, you will be part of a dynamic team in CGR's multidisciplinary genomics research environment. You will be responsible for coordinating efforts related to the Centre's growing and evolving informatics and data analytics capabilities. You will work alongside bioinformaticians, genome analysts and software scientists to ensure that project activities are aligned to deliver the expected business value within agreed timelines.
- Ability to understand complex scientific problems and break them down into manageable work packages.
- Ability to prioritise, problem-solve and perform difficult tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to proficiently communicate with team members and non-experts, both verbally and through documentation.
- Interest in the potential of genomics to impact drug discovery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team in a quickly evolving environment.
- BSc degree (or equivalent experience) in a scientific field of research, including but not limited to: biosciences, bioinformatics or other field with strong component of DNA or RNA analysis.
Candidates with a strong scientific background in genomics/bioinformatics whose intention is to develop a career in project management are also encouraged to apply.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45621 in all correspondence.
Posted 17 days ago