£30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits
Morrison Utility Servicesare currently looking for a Transport Manager to work with United Utilities based in Preston.
The Transport Manager will be the contract lead in Fleet Compliance and Fleet Risk, ensuring that all of the Group’s procedures, specifically the areas outlined below, are adhered to and administered effectively.
Assistance in implementing the following group initiatives to improve fleet compliance:
- Migration from the use of Driver ‘Log Books’ to use of digital tachograph.
- Implementation of ‘Permit to Drive Scheme’.
- Transition to the mandatory requirement for ‘ALL’ drivers of vehicles over 3.5T to hold a Driver CPC qualification.
- Liaise with MGroup Services Plant & Fleet Solutions (MGSPFS) regarding contract fleet performance and facilitate areas where intervention is required.
- Brief / communicate to contract senior management on Fleet Compliance, Road Risk and Insurance related statistics and highlighting areas requiring improvement and support.
- Ensure all fleet driver inductions are undertaken; following the Fleet Driver Induction process and training matrix.
- Ensure all vehicles/trailers are presented for service and inspection when requested by MGSPFS to meet legislative requirements.
- All relevant paperwork is maintained and held locally in vehicle files including “closure of defects”.
- Be the point of responsibility for all Fleet related accreditations (e.g. FORS, Van Excellence etc.), both compliance to and audit.
- Facilitate Driver intervention via the “Red Driver” Escalation process and implement remedial training/action where identified.
- Attend periodic MGSPFS fleet champion forums.
Trucks / Trailers (over 3.5T)
- Manage contract requirements regarding all Operator Licence requirements in line with company process and guidelines.
- Facilitate the migration from Driver ‘Log Books’ to use of digital tachograph.
- Ensure both driver and vehicle digital tachograph records are downloaded within group and legislative requirements (remote download programme underway which will reduce requirements)
- Provide detailed analysis debriefs to drivers on performance.
Person Specification (Relevant training will be provided)
- Personal interest in driver and vehicle compliance.
- Understanding of Operator Licence requirements (where applicable)
- National CPC Holder where applicable, based on Operator Licence Requirements.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company car/ car allowance and fuel card
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 13 days ago