Receptionist / Administrator
£170000 - £185000 per annum
Our client specialise in providing freight and logistics solutions from all types of industries and sectors, they have offices across the UK and a network of global offices.
Purpose of job:
The day to day front of office administration and reception duties for their office in Watnall, in support of all Directors/Management and staff and in accordance with company policy and safe working practice.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- General administration support duties for Directors and Management as appropriate to include writing and sending of emails, letters/memos and some copy typing
- Accounting administration support
- Answering all incoming calls and take messages as appropriate
- Receive visitors and offer refreshments upon arrival
- Open Mail and pass to Managing Director
- Check emails and faxes and forward to relevant personnel
- Mail arrange courier services, frank all mail and record the same ensuring labels are available and franking machine is in working order
- Keep the office diary up to date
- Keep stationery stocked at Head Office and relevant sites, ensuring quotations obtained/negotiated Issue purchase orders and record accordingly
- Book travel arrangements and accommodation as required
- Sourcing gifts and promotional materials when required
- Sourcing tradespeople when required
- Make refreshments for Directors daily and organise buffet and drinks for meetings as required ensuring a stock of refreshments are maintained.
- To undertake any duties within the office as requested by line or senior managers.
- These duties will not be of a greater or more complex nature and level of responsibility than those of the post holder, except with the appropriate mutual agreement and necessary training.
- Attention to detail
- To be able to communicate at all levels by telephone and in person (to have a firm but pleasant manner when turning away unwanted calls)
- Willing to develop knowledge base and skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Decision making.
- Time Management.
- Flexible attitude to work and within the work environment
- Ability to multitask
- Organisational skills
- Initiative and problemsolving abilities.
- Aptitude to work independently and as a team member
- Computer Literate (Word/Excel/Outlook) and to be familiar with access to web sites/internet use.
- The candidate will be required to utilise a freight data base system full training will be given.
- Administration in an office environment Reception experience advantages but training will be given Basic Accounting skills advantages (not essential), training will be given
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English preferred or work experience to compensate
- Hold a full clean driving licence
Linsco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 10 days ago