Data Analytics Assistant Manager
London, Greater London, England
Our national Technology Risk Assurance (TRA) Data Analytics team is at an exciting stage of growth.
- We are looking to recruit a Data analytics Senior Consultant or Assistant Manager (depending on experience) into our Birmingham office. The role is particularly suited towards someone experience in either professional services or industry, deep data analytical and visualisation skills and looking to provide a wide variety of analytical solutions across a diverse range of clients and industries.
- We are looking for an individual that has great problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and an agile outlook, whom can apply analytical techniques to varied scopes and datasets across a range of different Audit and Non-Audit engagements.
- You will be joining a Birmingham team and report into our local Data & Analytics Director. The role is a technical role with responsibilities primarily focused on the identification, collection, transformation, analysis and visual reporting of data. Strong analytical scripting and data visualisation skills is a high priority. In your team management role, you will be responsible for working alongside other team members on client facing engagements, delivering high quality work that includes reviewing our technical analytic scripts and outputs, as well as drafting reports ready for review.
- Our wider national team is also growing and you will have the opportunity to work with experienced data specialists in an environment that supports and encourages personal development of soft and technical skills. We work closely with our wider TRA team of technology specialists, as well as other BDO teams within Advisory, Tax and Audit.
- • Understand available datasets at external clients and determine relevant data required for analysis.
- • Work effectively with external clients to arrange the secure transfer and collection of data.
- • Transform client data and write analytical scripts to be applied to data.
- • Identify and apply relevant data quality and control checks across all our analytical procedures.
- • Produce results in an engaging and visual way for stakeholders.
- • Clearly communicate our approach and results to internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in written reports.
- • Document work performed that would enable a knowledgeable independent reviewer to re-perform our work.
- • Working with other team members to coordinate the delivery of engagement work by our delivery team including resourcing staff, time management, budget management, and provide timely updates to the engagement leader and client.
- • Working with other team members to manage the engagement start-to-end so that deliverables are high quality and we provide excellent client service. This includes reviewing our technical analytic scripts and outputs, as well as drafting client-facing reports ready for review by others.
- • Coach junior team members by providing a supporting role that helps to foster both personal development and team development.
- • Experience in some (not necessarily all) of the following analytical techniques: data matching; data profiling; data transformation; cluster analysis; linear regression; descriptive statistics; multivariate analysis; sampling and estimates.
- • Experience in some (not necessarily all) of the following applications of analytics: business process and financial control analysis; forensic investigation; revenue, cost and margin analysis; customer segmentation; sensitivity analysis; spreadsheet analytics; social media analysis; location / demographic analysis; decision tree; ERP analytics.
- • Experience using SQL suite of software including the build of ETLs and analytical scripting
- • Experience with data visualisation software (PowerBI preferred)
- • Confident communicator and self-motivating.
- • Tenacious problem solving ability.
- • Knowledge of core finance transaction cycles (eg. Procure to Payables, Order to Cash, Forecast to Fulfil) and core financial data (eg Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Inventory, Staff Expenses, General Ledger)
- • Familiarity with the concepts of a financial audit
- • Experience with data modelling
- • Experience in script/code development
- • Knowledge of database schema design and implementation
- • Flexible workplace arrangements including occasional working from home
- • Travel and collaborative opportunities across the UK
- • Part of a fast growing and dynamic team which is a key strategic investment for BDO UK
- • Opportunities to operate both internally (business development) and externally (client facing delivery)
- • A fantastic opportunity to have pivotal input into initiatives and direction
Posted 16 days ago