Grounds Maintenance Operative
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
£16,575 per year + Pension, holidays
- Grounds Maintenance Operative - Gardener
My client is looking for a grounds maintenance operative to manage and maintain a portfolio of commercial gardens and grounds on a mobile basis around the West Yorkshire area. Working around Leeds, Huddersfield, Kippax and Harrogate, possibly Sheffield and Barnsley areas, you will work on the grounds and gardens for Social Housing.
There are 2 sets of hours for the roles:
- Winter hours - 7am-1.30pm
- Summer hours - 7am-4.30pm
Key Tasks/Main duties:
- Working across multiple sites in a mobile capacity
- Manage the grounds, lawn cutting, weeding and litter picking.
- Working with power tools and gardening machines and plant as required
- Ensuring the premises are maintained according to good Health and Safety best practices.
- Previous experience of handyman/groundsman work associated with the role
- Liaising with external contractors
- Chemical and weed control experience
- Ensure that all sites visited are left in a clean and tidy state
- Working with the on-site customer to provide excellent customer service.
- Previous experience as a ground's maintenance engineer/gardener
- Spray License
- Full driving license
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Experience working in a mobile role
- Passion and commitment for your profession
Posted 5 days ago