Principal Software Engineer
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£70000 - £73000 per annum + benefits
Principal Software Engineer
Up to £73,000 plus benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre
As a principal software engineer youll enable multidisciplinary teams to create solutions that deliver simple applications that respond to real user needs. The domains for our products vary from funeralcare to healthcare to food and insurance. With everything in between. Well look to you lead on technical strategy, build high performing teams, mentor our engineers and foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
We have quite a few products at different stages, from discovery to alpha, beta and live. You can read about these in more detail on our blog (digitalblog.coop.co.uk). Youll initially join a specific business area, but there will be lots of opportunities to move around and keep things interesting. We have a community of digital technologist across digital and the wider Coop, where we come together regularly to share knowledge and learn from each other.
Were flexible when it comes to your technology background. If you can bring us great people skills and a real passion for delivery and innovation, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and progress your career with a business thats putting digital at the heart of its strategy.
What youll do
* lead technical delivery for large/multiple teams or major projects
* provide architectural guidance and direction
* be accountable for making sure services meet operational requirements (i.e. scalable, reliable, secure)
* make sure were following best practices and adhering to our development standards
* lead, guide and develop engineers in our community of practice
* build services that make a difference to peoples lives
This role would suit people who have
* experience leading technical delivery in multidisciplinary agile team environments
* significant experience with at least one programming language
* the ability to lead and coach people in how to write maintainable code
* extensive experience with (and able to coach/mentor in) engineering practices like TDD, pair/mob programming and continuous delivery
* experience working across the full engineering stack
* the ability to adapt and learn new technologies
Here youll do work that matters. Were a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, youll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Coop and stronger communities. Youll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Coop products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
Were actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Coop people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application youll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Posted 15 days ago