Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
Competitive & Excellent Benefits
Are you looking to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can make a real difference? We at Travis Perkins are looking for a Commercial Analystwith proven commercial experience who is inquisitive and really passionate about what they do. This role is directly linked to the Commercial Team and could provide your stepping stone into various different roles within the business.
Working in a central team this role provides great insight into all the Commercial activities across Travis Perkins. You will play an important part in supporting the businesss commercial performance through delivery of a better buying and profit improvement programme. This includes analysis of category performance, market dynamics and supplier performance. Ultimately, youll be making a real difference in finding profit opportunities.
Youll be responsible for:
- Identifying and undertaking incisive analysis of the market and industry data, in conjunction with Category teams, to highlight industry trends, market dynamics and TPs position within
- Analysing category data to model profit benefits and identify areas to support negotiation planning
- Attending key commercial meetings, providing clear and thorough presentations, to explain the approach, analysis and key recommendations, influencing the strategy
- Undertaking financial modelling of the different negotiation scenarios during each phase of the negotiations, to identify further negotiation levers
- Developing with the Category teams and managing an on-going e-auction programme, including the external software provider and suppliers as appropriate, to deliver incremental profit gains
- Providing comprehensive commodity and currency data and effective insight, developing to meet commercial needs
- Provide project management support to ensure; key milestones are agreed, progress is clearly reported and effective decisions are made in-line with business requirements
- Develop and produce best in class templates and models for use within the team and across the commercial function
- Manage and evolve tracking documents to provide accurate data for use within and outside the team
What do I need to have?
You will have experience in either a buying, commercial or commercial finance setting combined with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Youll also need to be confident at communicating with key stakeholders and influence across different levels of the business. Finally, we need you to be confident in using a wide range of office software applications, particularly spreadsheets and presentations.
We are the UK leader in the building materials and home improvement markets. Recognised as one of Britains Top Employers since 2010, we offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across 20+ leading businesses including Travis Perkins, Wickes, and Keyline. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.
Despite our size, weve got the values of a family run business. So there has never been a better time to join us. And if, like us, you put customers at the heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of perks on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in our business.
Posted 17 days ago