We are currently recruiting for a Construction Manager, to be responsible for management and safe delivery of the construction works in line with agreed budgets and timescales on the WSA contract. This role will be responsible for all operational activities on a £90M+ Framework Contract and ensure they are delivered in a safe and commercially viable way.
The main responsibilities of the Construction Manager is to coordinate the construction activities across all sites throughout from planning to construction to delivery. The Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all construction and commissioning activities are planned and executed to the highest health, safety and environmental standards.
- Strategic health, safety and environmental management and planning of construction and commissioning activities
- Delivery/management of all construction activities within SLA, cost & quality requirements defined in the WSA Contract
- Work closely with planning team to build achievable, efficient and cost effective programmes and monitor progress
- Work closely with the commercial team to manage contract costs in line with contract target costs
- Risk management for the Works Delivery
- Management of all subcontractors
- Preparing operational updates for the WSA Senior Management Team and Yorkshire Water Alliance and Management Teams
- Managing all direct and sub-contract construction site staff
- Delivery of all contract KPI’s and KPM’s
- Be a keen driver of innovation and ways to continuously improve operational delivery
- Building & maintaining excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home
- Excellent operational clean water experience within repair and maintenance activities
- Strong people management and motivation skills
- Ability to demonstrate experience of delivering multiple work streams in a challenging environment within SLA and to budget
- Understanding of SHEQ requirements under CDM regulations
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/ car allowance and fuel card
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 13 days ago