Manchester, Greater Manchester
£61000 - £63000 per annum + benefits
Up to £63,000 plus benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre
As a platform engineer youll provide automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure to our entire digital group. Working alongside developers, product owners, delivery managers, analysts, researchers and designers in one of our small, product teams. All teams are autonomous and run their own delivery and deployments, supported by the experts in infrastructure, our platform engineers.
Our infrastructure is a healthy mix of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, making the most of Infrastructure as Code technologies like Terraform, Packer, Jenkins and git for version control.
Were flexible when it comes to your technical background (we find software engineers and infrastructure engineers often make great platform engineers). Were looking for people with a deep understanding of the internet and how it works, experience with working with the cloud isnt necessary. We welcome applications from more engineers at all stages of their careers.
What youll do
* develop and maintain scalable, resilient cloudbased infrastructure using an Infrastructure as Code approach
* work with delivery teams to create and maintain continuous deployment practices
* contribute to platform architecture and design and drive continuous improvement
* work within and support a DevOps culture
* provide 24/7 on call technical support (as part of a sensible rota)
This role would suit people who have
* a familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems and tooling
* a desire to work using agile methodologies in a DevOps culture
* an understanding of the full web technology stack (network, TCP/IP, DNS, routing, HTTP/S)
* the ability to adapt and learn new technologies
* great communication skills with the ability, and desire, to collaborate with all kinds of people
Here youll do work that matters. Were a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, youll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Coop and stronger communities. Youll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Coop products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
Were actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Coop people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application youll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Posted 12 days ago